Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

Undesired FSX commands yielding unexpected results need guidance!

Here's my issue:Using these:

• Using FSX Gold with Acceleration Pack
  • LINDA 1.3
  • PMDG 737NGX
  • Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog
  • FSUIPC 4.x (Registered)

Was using but have removed

• Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T. configuration software

I experience problems with 2 buttons:The RED pushbutton on the front side of the Throttle grip is programmed to reset Barometer when I'm using REX 2.0HD Real-Time Weather

• It functions properly and sends the barometric reset command
  • It additionally sends the FSX code for BRAKES

The pushbutton on the lower right portion of the throttle base is programmed to activate the PARKING BRAKE command

• It issues the correct command, but somehow something somewhere ELSE in my system is ALSO issuing the command as well, a total of three times. End result, NON-RESPONSIVE, you hear the parking brake being turned off a couple times but doesn't turn on/off as expected.

Troubleshooting steps

• Turned on keylogging (Tracing) in LINDA, also enabled logging window in FSUIPC as well
  • Removed the command to activate the parking brake from LINDA - parking brake then works as expected. Problem persists with the altimeter reset mentioned herein for the OTHER button.

I have spent a LOT of hours trying to chase this, but need some help with solving these two minor issues, PLEASE!!Questions:In FSUIPC.INI file, there is the usual 1 line about BUTTONS, but nothing else. There is no separate 737NGX Button area in FSUIPC.ini that I can see.So where in the heck are the programmed key commands stored for FSX?YES, I went into Controls (within FSX) and made sure NO COMMANDS WERE ASSIGNED to the Joystick or throttle. The AXES for the Warthog ARE there.The Key Command within FSX for parking brake is the semi-colon key (I have assigned that key) and NOTHING appears next to it for JOYSTICK command!Suspicion:I suspect POSSIBLY I might have originally tried to assign the RED button on the lower right base of the throttle control to parking brake using T.A.R.G.E.T. but as I said, I have completely removed TARGET from the machine. I deleted the FSC folder that was created by TARGET as well.I am betting one of you may be able to help me - I surely hope so :Whistle:Thanks in advance for tips and ideas.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

If you are really sure that you have no assignments with the FSX menue, then I would like you to test the following:Backup your current FSUIPC4.ini and then delete it from the modules folder.Start FSX (a new FSUIPC4 will be generated)Go into the LINDA setup and make the settings for COM port etc.After that, have a look and see if its working now..The steps above are just to be sure that you haven't assigned accidently anything with FSUIPC!(if you are experianced enough, you can also delete all [buttons] entries in your FSUIPC4.ini)After that, please report back...And are you sure, you haven't assigned accidently to the repeat functions or to the press and relase?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESOLVED! Had to clean out the STANDARD.XML file (but left the AXES intact) under my THROTTLE - HOTAS WARTHOG. Note, each USB control surface has its own portion in this file. Note also that you should only open this file using NOTEPAD and not WORD or other text-editor that may alter formatting and corrupt the file! COPY the file somewhere safe before you mess with it.Leave all the <Axis> areas intact, delete what follows. Each control has 2 areas - first part is normal flight second part is "SLEW" flight. I left the SLEW alone you can see there is quite a lot following the last AXIS command, I put the part in that could be safely removed in ITALICS.Do this editing when FSX is NOT running.The file is located C:USERSYourUserNameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXControlsStandard.XML REMEMBER use only "NOTEPAD" to edit!!<SimControls.Map> <Name>Throttle - HOTAS Warthog{58A45F30-2697-11E1-8002-444553540000}</Name> <Axis> <AxName>XAxis</AxName> <Index>0</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_AILERONS_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>64</AxScale> <AxNull>36</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>YAxis</AxName> <Index>1</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>64</AxScale> <AxNull>36</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>ZAxis</AxName> <Index>2</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE4_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>127</AxScale> <AxNull>1</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>RzAxis</AxName> <Index>5</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>127</AxScale> <AxNull>8</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>Slider</AxName> <Index>6</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_FLAPS_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>127</AxScale> </Axis>This is the area where my troubled stored key commands have been removed by me. Note the last AXIS entry ends with </AXIS> (don't remove that tag). Also the end of this sub area is marked <SimControls.Map> same deal, don't remove that. After you're done, click SAVE (IN NOTEPAD) and then restart FSX. </SimControls.Map>The white space is not part of the file itself, I added some space so that readers could see the '2nd section' of this control which is the SLEW part. Same AXIS and such, but only operates when in SLEW MODE in FSX. <SimControls.Map> <Name>Throttle - HOTAS Warthog SLEW {58A45F30-2697-11E1-8002-444553540000}</Name> <Axis> <AxName>XAxis</AxName> <Index>0</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_SLEW_SIDEWAYS_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>64</AxScale> <AxNull>36</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>YAxis</AxName> <Index>1</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_SLEW_AHEAD_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>64</AxScale> <AxNull>36</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>RzAxis</AxName> <Index>5</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_SLEW_HEADING_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>127</AxScale> <AxNull>8</AxNull> </Axis>From here on down is ok to remove, but don't kill the end-of-section marker <SimControls.Map> <Entry> <Index>0</Index> <Down>SLEW_RESET</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>1</Index> <Down>VIEW_MODE</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>2</Index> <Down>SLEW_ALTIT_PLUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>3</Index> <Down>SLEW_ALTIT_MINUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>4</Index> <Down>SLEW_PITCH_PLUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>5</Index> <Down>SLEW_PITCH_MINUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>6</Index> <Down>SLEW_BANK_MINUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>7</Index> <Down>SLEW_BANK_PLUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>8</Index> <Down>SLEW_FREEZE</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>9</Index> <Down>SLEW_RESET</Down> </Entry> </SimControls.Map> (Leave this marker alone - do not remove it)

If you are really sure that you have no assignments with the FSX menue, then I would like you to test the following:Backup your current FSUIPC4.ini and then delete it from the modules folder.Start FSX (a new FSUIPC4 will be generated)Go into the LINDA setup and make the settings for COM port etc.After that, have a look and see if its working now..The steps above are just to be sure that you haven't assigned accidently anything with FSUIPC!(if you are experianced enough, you can also delete all [buttons] entries in your FSUIPC4.ini)After that, please report back...And are you sure, you haven't assigned accidently to the repeat functions or to the press and relase?
Thanks for the great advice. I had already determined this was NOT an FSUIPC issue and NOT a LINDA issue. The trouble was in the STANDARD.XML file in C:UsersYourUserNameAppDataMicrosoftFSXControlsStandard.XML I needed only to delete the saved key press commands that appeared in the HOTAS WARTHOG THROTTLE area and my problem was fixed.It's important NOT to remove the AXIS' from the control, but deleted all else FOLLOWING the AXIS. The second SLEW axis shows examples of stuff that could be removed. The SLEW portion was ok, I never use SLEW. Somehow I must have saved a key command that got written into the first area. Those problems did show up BEFORE I deleted them. They do not show here (this is post-edit).Remember, only use NOTEPAD to open XML files! Do not use other editors that alter formatting.<SimControls.Map> <Name>Throttle - HOTAS Warthog{58A45F30-2697-11E1-8002-444553540000}</Name> <Axis> <AxName>XAxis</AxName> <Index>0</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_AILERONS_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>64</AxScale> <AxNull>36</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>YAxis</AxName> <Index>1</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>64</AxScale> <AxNull>36</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>ZAxis</AxName> <Index>2</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE4_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>127</AxScale> <AxNull>1</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>RzAxis</AxName> <Index>5</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>127</AxScale> <AxNull>8</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>Slider</AxName> <Index>6</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_FLAPS_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>127</AxScale> </Axis> </SimControls.Map> <SimControls.Map> <Name>Throttle - HOTAS Warthog SLEW {58A45F30-2697-11E1-8002-444553540000}</Name> <Axis> <AxName>XAxis</AxName> <Index>0</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_SLEW_SIDEWAYS_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>64</AxScale> <AxNull>36</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>YAxis</AxName> <Index>1</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_SLEW_AHEAD_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>64</AxScale> <AxNull>36</AxNull> </Axis> <Axis> <AxName>RzAxis</AxName> <Index>5</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_SLEW_HEADING_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>127</AxScale> <AxNull>8</AxNull> </Axis> <Entry> <Index>0</Index> <Down>SLEW_RESET</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>1</Index> <Down>VIEW_MODE</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>2</Index> <Down>SLEW_ALTIT_PLUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>3</Index> <Down>SLEW_ALTIT_MINUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>4</Index> <Down>SLEW_PITCH_PLUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>5</Index> <Down>SLEW_PITCH_MINUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>6</Index> <Down>SLEW_BANK_MINUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>7</Index> <Down>SLEW_BANK_PLUS</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>8</Index> <Down>SLEW_FREEZE</Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>9</Index> <Down>SLEW_RESET</Down> </Entry> </SimControls.Map>

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Glad you've got this solved...Your idea looks similar to what we have in the LINDA manual about the standard.xml ... :( :(

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester