Sign in to follow this  
THibben

Flight Planner for PMDG

Please, I need help. I have FSBuild updated to the latest version and I can't load an IFR flight plan into PMDG 737NGX. Is there any flight planner out there that will do the job?Thanks,Tom Hibben

I was under the impression that after SP1b, you were not supposed to do this. ??But.. that you can build the plan in the FMC, and then save it for future use.Or to put it another way, you were only supposed to use saved plans made inthe FMC, due to some problems that were occurring with ones from 3rd partyplanning programs. I'm sure others that know will chime in.

Please, I need help.I have FSBuild updated to the latest version and I can't load an IFR flight plan into PMDG 737NGX. Is there any flight planner out there that will do the job?Thanks,Tom Hibben
You should have no problem at all loading a flight plan into the NGX. FSBUILD is an exellent flight planner. Did you follow all of the set up steps outlined in the manual as far as the file paths and export preferences?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I was under the impression that after SP1b, you were not supposed to do this. ??But.. that you can build the plan in the FMC, and then save it for future use.Or to put it another way, you were only supposed to use saved plans made inthe FMC, due to some problems that were occurring with ones from 3rd partyplanning programs. I'm sure others that know will chime in.
This is in reference to the SIDS and STARS. I still build my flight plans from A to B but clearing the SIDS, STARS & Runways boxes, leaving this part for manual entry into the FMC when i know my departure runway after which comes the SID and then the star which you can also do before you take off, if you are not using ATC and just want to fly your own flight. Similar to the Tutorial1.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Hi Rick,Thanks for the reply. I did create a plan using the FMC. I am also using REX and the downloaded weather which had rain and a 500ft ceiling. When I got to the runway and asked for T/O clearance it was denied because I wasn't cleared for IFR. I have tried using FSBuild, as you described, but it won't load into PMDG flight plans/NG. It says it downloaded my plan but I don't have a clue where. I guess I could just takeoff and ignore ATC.Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks for the help.Tom Hibben

Hi Rick,Thanks for the reply. I did create a plan using the FMC. I am also using REX and the downloaded weather which had rain and a 500ft ceiling. When I got to the runway and asked for T/O clearance it was denied because I wasn't cleared for IFR. I have tried using FSBuild, as you described, but it won't load into PMDG flight plans/NG. It says it downloaded my plan but I don't have a clue where. I guess I could just takeoff and ignore ATC.Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks for the help.Tom Hibben
Just to be clear on what is actually happening. When you enter the name of your flight plan you created in FSBUILD into your scratch pad ( like for instance: KSFOKPDX), does the FMC not accept the COROUTE ?

Rick Hobbs

Hi Rick,That is correct it does not accept it. The plan also does not show in the FSXPMDGFLIGHTPLANSNG file.I have tried several more times with FSBuild and still nothing.Thanks again,Tom Hibben

Works like a charm as it always did. Ensure the PMDG flightplan folder path is correct. If not, it will issue a warning after BUILD. SIDs and STARs can be avoided in the plan by checking the relevant preference.STARS are often entered during cockpit preparation, even for very long flights. STAR selection is based on destination airport routine, known weather trends and forecast

Hi Rick,That is correct it does not accept it. The plan also does not show in the FSXPMDGFLIGHTPLANSNG file.I have tried several more times with FSBuild and still nothing.Thanks again,Tom Hibben
Hi Tom. Just a few more questions:1) In the "Options folder", is the path to your PMDG flight plans correct: E:Flight Simulator XPMDGFlight Plans. (E is my drive)2) In the "Settings" tab in Options, is the PMDG737 box checked?3) in this same dialog, did you hit the "SAVE CONFIG OPTIONS" button when finished?4) In the "EXPORT" menu at the top, is PMDG737/747/MD11/J41 (MSFS) checked?Are you familiar with FSBUILD? If not, the mistake i made when first setting up FSBUILD was not exiting it and then restarting it after first time set up.If you've done everything right and it still doesn't work, then Ernie Alston over at the support forum is really helpful.

Rick Hobbs

Hi Rick,I had done all you suggested EXCEPT check the PMDG 737. For whatever reason I didn't catch the drop down tab. Can I blame it on "old age"?...grinWe must think in the same area as I have also installed to E: FSX..... I have not tried another build yet but I am sure you found the problem.Thanks for you kind support and hope you have a Joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year.Tom Hibben

Hi Rick,I had done all you suggested EXCEPT check the PMDG 737. For whatever reason I didn't catch the drop down tab. Can I blame it on "old age"?...grinWe must think in the same area as I have also installed to E: FSX..... I have not tried another build yet but I am sure you found the problem.Thanks for you kind support and hope you have a Joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year.Tom Hibben
I hope that does it for you Tom. (Please let me know some time) Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you too.

Rick Hobbs

Hi Rick,I just did a build and the .rte file is in my PMDG Flight plans folder. I had to copy it over into the NGX folder.SUCCESS!!! Thanks again,Tom

Tom, you should be fine to leave it in the default pmdg folder where fsbuild creates it. Ngx is clever enough to look both there and the ngx subfolder for coroutes.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I wish PMDG would spend some time and capital on a simple FS Navigator styled addon (drag and drop), which we could visually build routes and export them to the various flight management systems of the aircraft they produce.In it, we could set up our SIDS / STARS / WAYPOINTS etc from TOGO to touchdown, then export as a comapny route.FSNav was one of FS2004's greatest addons and died with FSX.Please could PMDG explore this idea and action it to simply things a bit?RegardsAnthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa