Sign in to follow this  
srburger

Active Sky 2012

Encouraged by others' reports of improved performance with Active Sky 2012, I decided to give the new version a try. I did see a performance improvement over previous versions... noticeably smoother. And the cloud formations are beautiful! (FYI: I haven't tried the new graphics yet... still using REX.)This is a flight I made yesterday evening from Nuremberg in the RealAir Duke, with an IFR approach into Innsbruck. (The right engine quit just as I was starting the approach procedure, so I had to include a shot of the feathered propeller.)This morning, I tried another local flight out of Nuremberg in the A2A Spitfire just to see whether the previous night's experience was a fluke. It wasn't... still nice and smooth. I'm a happy camper!Ken

Yes but I bet you will not see fog/haze depiction like you see in AS2012. Nice shots BTW.

\Robert Hamlich/

hmm, actually I'm happy with REX2
HelloThe OP is using REX textures in those shots, wait till you see the AS2012 textures they are excellent.AS2012 is in a totally different class to REX2 as far as its weather engine is concerned.REX2 weather engine is not very good at all. It was poor all those years ago when it was called weather-maker and has not really improved since.