Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Pre-flight walkaround, AA 767

Think Ed's photo repaint is still one of the best AA renditions around...even after all these years! It took some work to port it to the LDS 767 (I remember working on the alpha layer for hours to get the reflections looking good), but I think the effort was worth it. I was not going to cut any corners when I applied it the LDS model, knowing Ed would have killed me if it didn't represent the craftsmanship we're accustomed to from his work. :im Not Worthy:Anyway....doing my walkaround of this majestic bird before I took her to DFW from LAX. Here is the port wingtip station....On the starboard side checking the tail section...And here is the final station by the co-pilot's window....I'm still in the FS2004 world, and even though this bird is now dated by today's standards, I still enjoy flying her and the "feel" she has in the air just seems right. Just the right amount of "heaviness":BTWThis paint is modified a bit to pay tribute to a very good flightsim friend of mine, you may notice the tribute in the pics above.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great shots Steve it still looks fantastic! :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

ed surely did an awesome job on this one
Thankyou guys, most of the praise should go the the aviation photographer who took the shots especially for me. AA is a very difficult livery to shoot and I did not just get hi def shots I got very very hi def shots.

Thankyou guys, most of the praise should go the the aviation photographer who took the shots especially for me. AA is a very difficult livery to shoot and I did not just get hi def shots I got very very hi def shots.
bro nice to see you postin here again :( a few years ago I dreamed of both pilots getting ill inflight so I can play the hero, today I dream of airplanes gettin their wings removed so we can get clean images for photoreal repaints :(

bro nice to see you postin here again :( a few years ago I dreamed of both pilots getting ill inflight so I can play the hero, today I dream of airplanes gettin their wings removed so we can get clean images for photoreal repaints :(
I dream of photographing cockpits..... Tu154 and B767 are next on my list. :(

Thanks for all the comments guys! Merry Christmas!Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Superb...Steve. merry Xmas

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this repaint available? I remember Ed painting it, but don't know if Steve's mods are available.

I should have looked again; I found it a second time. Sorry to take up space, Steve!I would love to see you do a new Orient Thai paint for the Level-D! There's a new photo on Airliners.net: (I can't put the link here, sorry).:-)