Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

Inserting airways in the FMS

Hello,well here i am with another kind of question: I was inserting airways in the FMS inside the "via" field but I found out that after inserting 5 airways, the FMS page did not scroll down for more entrances! I had to press the *INSERT button but what about the rest of the airways? I thought there are unlimited "via" fields. Now do i have to go to LAT REV again and carry on from the last airway?

That how it happens. To contineu inserting airways, you scrool your flight plan page all the way down to the last waypoint you inserted using the down arrow button, then select AIRWAYS or something like that on LSK 2L. Just do the previous process again. When you reach the limit of the page, just do that process again.

Matheus Mafra

I did that but when later i go to check the nav waypoints one by one on the ND using the flightplan in FMS, there is a waypoint that it doesn't look connected with the rest of the plan. I tried to connect it going again to that [via] field, but it seems that im doing something wrong

So it seems you're getting a route discontinuity. Try deleting that in the flight plan page instead of the airways page. And make sure you're entering the airway from the last waypoint you typed to the next when you open the AIRWAYS page. For example: let's say the last point you were able to type was CNF, but you route continues via UW56 to PIR. When you open the AIRWAYS page again from the LAT REV page of CNF, make sure you type in the LSK 1L the airway UW56, which is the one you'll be using to fly from CNF to PIR in this example. If yo start in the new AIRWAYS page by typing the waypoint after the last one you typed, but do not connect them by an airway, you'll get a route descontinuity.Let me know if it was clear enough for you. I can try to explain it better if not.

Matheus Mafra

Hello Matheus, yes please can you explain it in a more detail manner? I honestly appreciate your help

Not sure how much more detail you can get in that explanation. The MD-11's tutorial (and advanced tutorial) have pictures of setting up the FMS. You should read those.

Kyle Rodgers

@ scandinavian: I went through these two tutorials I saw the pictures but they didn't answer my question so what was the next step? To come to the forums because that's what forums are for. Getting answers and opinions from different people so that's what i call communication. So, please if you have an answer it is very welcomed but for sure i don't need your remarks what should I do. Thank you and friendly

Most of the time, my posts lack emotion in entirety. I simply stated his explanation was as thorough as it could probably get, that there is information in the tutorials that could benefit you, and that you should read them. I read them. A good number of other people have read them. They answer many basic questions. How was I to know you had or had not read them? I couldn't unless you stated that you had, which you did not until your last post.In order to more effectively use this forum, that you have accurately described as a place to share information, you should also share information on your end. It helps us help you. Otherwise, you'll get responses like mine. Now that I know that you've read the tutorials and should have a certain common knowledge, it makes discussions a lot easier.How does the waypoint show up in the flight plan? It it in parentheses like (800)? Not all flight plans are a continuous line from departure to arrival. Some have vectors provided by ATC, and those show up as odd to those who have never seen them before.

Kyle Rodgers