Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Autothrottle in VC (FS9) with MCP screw doesn't work

The V1.20 of the PMDG 747-400 for FS9 doesn't have a clickable screw on the MCP as it does on the 2d cockpit. Although from the forums and update info on PMDG's website this shouldn't be the case.I only bought the PMDG a few months ago and was happy to buy it. The sounds are marvelous, as real as it can get and the outside model and flight handling (the only issue is with the throttle on the ground-I need to throttle up, then the aircraft just goes from 0-100...)Daniel

Does anyone have FS9 PMDG 747 with a working clickable MCP autothrottle???Daniel

I will check it for you next time i fire up fs9. cant do it now i am afraid.... they dont like me flying at work!

Peter Schluter

Hi Daniel,Nope, the philips head screw only works in the 2D panel for me for TOGA in FS9. The readme file in v1.20 update does not mention a clickspot in the VC MCP for TOGA. As far as I am aware, this click spot in the VC was only added to the B737 for FS9. Can you post the link where you saw this mentioned on PMDG's website?.CheersDan

Hi Daniel,Nope, the philips head screw only works in the 2D panel for me for TOGA in FS9. The readme file in v1.20 update does not mention a clickspot in the VC MCP for TOGA. As far as I am aware, this click spot in the VC was only added to the B737 for FS9. Can you post the link where you saw this mentioned on PMDG's website?.CheersDan
Hi Dan,Here is the information:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/notams.html

PMDG Releases Service Pack for the PMDG 747-400 for FS9 and FSX

PMDG has released Service Pack 1.2 for the PMDG 747-400 for FS9, and Service Pack 2.10 for the PMDG 747-400 for FSX.

The service Packs can be downloaded

here

• Fixed Crash-To-Desktop when exiting from 747-400X Freighter version
  • Significantly improved Save/Load state for saved flights / start situations
  • Fixed case where ILS radio frequency did not reload after load saved state
  • Fixed rare Crash-To-Desktop under certain CDU window resize scenario
  • Fixed erroneous brake temp indication when SimConnect Brake Indication values were erroneously returned for fractional brake pressure settings.
  • Updated Virtual Cockpits to include a clickable TOGA hotspot on the MCP. (mouseover screw)
  • Corrected right main landing gear brake assignment.
  • Improved speedbrake logic to prevent accidental trip of autobrakes if FSX erroneously
  • reads the spoiler handle as DOWN. (Handle DOWN will correctly disconnect autobrakes)
  • Improved engine spool inertial delta to improve autothrottle handling of high energy changes.
  • Corrected flaw in outboard aileron lockout system logic.
  • Improved LNAV propensity to correct XTRK errors.
  • Improved LNAV handling of course tracking in various scenarios.
  • General cleanup of some animations in the VC (window shades, etc)
  • Corrected static knob settings for Air Data, FMC, Flight Director knobs on F/O side of cockpit.
  • Corrected logic for CWT L/R and STAB L/R pump switch PRESS lights.
  • Corrected EGT Limit bar behavior during engine start.
  • Corrected Fuel On index bar behavior during engine start.
  • Corrected incorrect logic preventing VREF election for return to field prior to climb/cruise.
  • PROG page opens to 1/3 correctly .
  • Tightened autopilot roll logic to improve lateral tracking behavior in turbulence.
  • XTRK error correctly populates rather than remaining blank.
  • Corrected 400 Passenger model SPEC mapping texture.
  • Updated EPR modeling on PW/RR engines to reflect more accurate values.
  • PW/RR EPR less than 1.00 ram effect model based on dynamic pressure and throttle position.
  • CLB thrust reduction now correctly senses flap lever position rather than flap angle.
  • Modified EGT behavior during shutdown to incorporate more realistic temps/behaviors.
  • PMDG Options "TCAS Show All Traffic" setting now ignores Above/N/Below switch in order to show all traffic. (Above/N/Below switch still functions correctly if "all traffic" is not selected.)
  • Corrected behavior of GPWS Gear Override Switch.
  • Eliminated silly FSX tire vapor animations in rain/snow
  • Changed the way FMS reads SID/STAR files to ensure soft constraints (A/:( are properly read.
  • Considerable changes to handling of soft constraints in VNAV climb/descent. (Should fix occasional problems with UNABLE NEXT ALT logic and calcualtion of ToD when the first waypoint after ToD is soft.)
  • Improved Direct-To maneuvering algorithm with LNAV engaged.
  • Changed sequencing criteria for flyover-type waypoints to improve flyover performance.

Friday, May 12, 2008CheersDaniel

Hi Daniel,Curious that both you and I have a non functional TOGA clickspot in the VC. Also curious is that as I stated before, the readme file that comes with patch 1.2 does not mention this clickspot.Perhaps just wait a while to see if someone else can kindly respond who does have a working TOGA clickspot (screw) in the FS9 VC. If you get no "hits", you may want to create a support desk ticket to PMDG.I for one can live without it though it would be nice to have :Yawn:RegardsDan

Hi Daniel,Curious that both you and I have a non functional TOGA clickspot in the VC. Also curious is that as I stated before, the readme file that comes with patch 1.2 does not mention this clickspot.Perhaps just wait a while to see if someone else can kindly respond who does have a working TOGA clickspot (screw) in the FS9 VC. If you get no "hits", you may want to create a support desk ticket to PMDG.I for one can live without it though it would be nice to have :Yawn:RegardsDan
I will get a ticket. But what I cannot understand is when I throttle up to 70% I can't engage the A/T. But at idle I can! (I click on the throttles)One other thing is the windows fonts I use are large and you must decrease the size of them for hem to be 'of correct size' on the CDUs. The PSS product doesn't have this problem. The PMDG 747-400 is well made, but has some problems that I think PSS clearly has outdone them on years before, albeit on other aircraft types. PSS has a clean looking cockpit (the textures seem, clear, sharp and vibrant, unlike the Level D and PMDG VC textures which don't seem clear). I hope these things can be rectified.Daniel Edited by IAF747

I noticed that in the -400 model in the VC, but I just used the real TOGA button on the throttles itself. It caught me off guard as I fly the -400F model 99% of the time and the VC screw-click works in the -400F, but not in the -400.

I got the ticket and their response was swift!The FS2004 PMDG 747-400 has no MCP click screw.Just make a key assignment under the PMDG menu options. Or you can click the throttle in the VC (that is very hard to do when they are set at 70%).Overall I love the aircraft, but would like a higher definition cockpit (like PSS).I don't know the person's name that posted the last post, but if it was in the 400F for FS2004, why can't it be patched into the passenger version?It would be nice if everyone could sign their posts as per forum rules.Thanks.Daniel