Sign in to follow this  
Movieman162

SP1b OOM Issue's

Hi guys, For me the holidays are here and I am hoping to get caught up with some NGX flying after having only enjoyed this plane in short after release. Downloaded SP1b and hit the EGKK-EHAM Tutorial to refresh my memory with Auto-land procedures and basic in flight operations. Unfortunatly a few OOM's have been ruining my experience since SP1b installation. Firstly I took off from EGKK and only got as far as the DET D5 with its 6000ft restriction before i was randomly forced to desktop (without any dialog popup). I checked my settings against the manual (HIMEMFIX is on) and reduced some sliders. Up again and got as far as EH608 on the EHAM approach (so painfully close to landing) and this time a OOM confirmed with the you have run out of available memory dialog. At this point my first thought was to take my bcdedit down another notch however i am already at 2368 (only 2304 remains before NickN says the problem is elswhere). My specs are below and as you can see i run 8GB memory on W7 64bit so no problem there. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks

What type of graphics card do you have? A GTX 580 is not enough info. Is it Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA? How much memory does it have? Because 3GB memory can cause these issues.

Its an Inno3D 1.5Gb card overclocked from the company i brought it and the PC from (overclockersUK).

Its an Inno3D 1.5Gb card overclocked from the company i brought it and the PC from (overclockersUK).
Go to your FSX.cfg, somewhere in there you should see a line called [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.0] Below this add this line:VideoMemoryOverride=1610612736Also, I recommend you put card back into the default clocksettings, as you say, that's it's overclocked.

Ok thankyou so much for the quick response. Will take a look at you first suggestion as the latter will involve me learning the software that the company used to set the overclock (ie saving it so it can be returned to in games other than FSX). Any problems and I will come back either tomorrow or sometime between the 25th and new years. Thanks and have a nice holiday.

Hi guys,For me the holidays are here and I am hoping to get caught up with some NGX flying after having only enjoyed this plane in short after release. Downloaded SP1b and hit the EGKK-EHAM Tutorial to refresh my memory with Auto-land procedures and basic in flight operations. Unfortunatly a few OOM's have been ruining my experience since SP1b installation. Firstly I took off from EGKK and only got as far as the DET D5 with its 6000ft restriction before i was randomly forced to desktop (without any dialog popup). I checked my settings against the manual (HIMEMFIX is on) and reduced some sliders.
I believe the wording should be HIGHMEMFIX not HIMEMFIX. One works, the other doesn't

I believe the wording should be HIGHMEMFIX not HIMEMFIX. One works, the other doesn't
+1, as per page 0.0.12 of the Intro manual.

At this point my first thought was to take my bcdedit down another notch however i am already at 2368 (only 2304 remains before NickN says the problem is elswhere). My specs are below and as you can see i run 8GB memory on W7 64bit so no problem there.
This sounds like you have UserVA set, which is only used with 32-bit operating systems. Setting it in a 64-bit environment has no effect.If you're using high-def clouds, you may want to back down the texture size (start with 512 x 512) while you work through this.Is this a single-monitor config?

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Actually It does say HIMEMFIX on page 0.00.12 of the manual. Unless it has been updated since? No hi-def clouds just the standard FSX clouds. Sliders set again as per manual reccomendation. And I am running a single monitor setup. As for userVA just re-read the guide and yes you are correct it is only for 32bit (oops) so I will reset that value back (is 2048 correct?). Thanks

Actually It does say HIMEMFIX on page 0.00.12 of the manual. Unless it has been updated since?Thanks
Yes it does but it is wrong. Do a search on HIGHMEMFIX and HIMEMFIX. You will soon see which one is right.

As for userVA just re-read the guide and yes you are correct it is only for 32bit (oops) so I will reset that value back (is 2048 correct?).
My understanding is that the UserVA value is ignored by 64-bit Windows if set. Default on a 32-bit system is 2048.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ok HIGHMEMFIX it is and will leave UserVA. Just a small update, things seem to be going well. Since my last post I have completed the tutorial flight twice with full success (got all the way to park and shutdown). The videomemoryoverride seemed to help. Will adjust HIMEMFIX to HIGHMEMFIX soon but as i said no problems to report. The real test will be after tomorrow when I start buying addon scenery (AS Corfu me thinks).

Ok HIGHMEMFIX it is and will leave UserVA.Just a small update, things seem to be going well. Since my last post I have completed the tutorial flight twice with full success (got all the way to park and shutdown). The videomemoryoverride seemed to help. Will adjust HIMEMFIX to HIGHMEMFIX soon but as i said no problems to report.The real test will be after tomorrow when I start buying addon scenery (AS Corfu me thinks).
HighMemfix=1, fix the skeleton that could occur in FSX only./ Leffe

I also have constant issues with the skeleton problem in virtual cockpit and external view and constantly ruins flights. Just had the virtual cockpit just completely disappear today after just saving the flight before starting descent. I would have expected my set up to cope with high graphics settings.I've made the PMDG recommended adjustments to the cfg file like HighMemFix etc but to no avail.

Go to your FSX.cfg, somewhere in there you should see a line called [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.0]Below this add this line:VideoMemoryOverride=1610612736Also, I recommend you put card back into the default clocksettings, as you say, that's it's overclocked.
I have more or less similar system as the OP and recently started getting this out of available memory message. It appears exactly on touchdown in a very dense scenery airport.The VideoMemoryOverride line in the fsx.cfg started giving the out of available memory message on the load sceen.. Something is not exactly right but what can it be?.. Any ideas?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931