Sign in to follow this  
dracer33

KSNA departure procedures

Many simmers know of the famous departure from runway 19R out of John Wayne airport, I've taken many time researching the procedures but couldn't find them anywhere. Is there anyone out there that has the correct procedures? Thanks in advance.Devin Mack

Perhaps the CHNL1.SXC (CHANNEL ONE Departure), flightaware.com lists all charts and this one is here: http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/1113/00377CHANNEL.PDF (link is only good this cycle, use flightaware web site to navigate to it otherwise).There are a couple of procedures, this one is used often.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm guessing you're asking about how they reduce power on climbout due to noise sensitive areas. This is called "cutback" and is accessed via page 2 of the "N1 Limit" section.• On N1 LIMIT page, preselect CLB-2.• Activate the Quiet Cutback System (QCS) on TAKEOFF REF page 2.

- All Normal TAKEOFF REF page 1 entries must be made first (including CG).
- Select CUTBACK ON (LSK 6R) - ON will be shown in large font. - Verify that a default REDUCTION Altitude of 800’ AGL and RESTORE Altitude of 3,000’ AGL are displayed. Override if necessary.
CAUTION
Once QCS has been activated for T/O, any change to derate or assumed temperature will turn QCS off. Display T/O page 2 during takeoff for reference to cutback N1 and to confirm QCS on.

Steve Caffey

Here is a great tutorial from a mentor over at Southwest Virtual Airlines...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdcFAN9Kd68&context=C37d7a57ADOEgsToPDskLVy5yqaDEwlfNJs1_9YmlTIt is SWA procedures, but I think it should work well for you.

At American Airlines we are approved to do normal takeoffs from KSNA with no cutback with our 737s. All the other fleets have to still do the cutback. Additionally we used to have to use the 27K bump but we are now approved to do a 26K takeoff but everyone I fly with does the 27K. So far I am not aware of any other airlines that don't have to do the cutback. I don't know why it's just us.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Trying not to change the subject, but what Cost Index does AA use on their 738s? I've been searching all around and I cannot find it. Also, if it is different every flight, what is the average?

Yeah its different every flight. The dispatch computer calculates it based on the conditions. It's often quite low. The lowest is 4. Typically you won't see above 100. One time we actually had 500 but in my experience somewhere around 180 is the fastest you will ever see. Any cost index above that doesn't really change anything. I've been on the 737 almost 11 years now. When I first got on it the cost index was always 60. Then when fuel prices went up it was always 45. Later they updated the flight planning software to calculate it so now it's always different.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Yeah its different every flight. The dispatch computer calculates it based on the conditions. It's often quite low. The lowest is 4. Typically you won't see above 100. One time we actually had 500 but in my experience somewhere around 180 is the fastest you will ever see. Any cost index above that doesn't really change anything. I've been on the 737 almost 11 years now. When I first got on it the cost index was always 60. Then when fuel prices went up it was always 45. Later they updated the flight planning software to calculate it so now it's always different.
Last I heard AA was only using the cost index for cruise and was climbing at a fixed 300/.78 speed. Is that still the case?

Last I heard AA was only using the cost index for cruise and was climbing at a fixed 300/.78 speed. Is that still the case?
Yup that is the case. And 290 knot descents normally. Of course it is flexible depending how fast you wanna get home on the last leg of a trip or going to a good layover.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg