Sign in to follow this  
JohnKhan

Capital of Switzerland

Please advise your staff reviewer Aaron Graham that Zurich is not the capital of Switzerland.As in many other countries, just because Zurich and Geneva are the most recognised cities in Switzerland, it doesn't mean either of them are the capital.The same applies here in Australia,- as most people think Sydney is the capital. It is in fact Canberra.When publishing items, please get your facts correct.The capital of Switzerland is Berne.Another thing.Swissair no longer exists, it went broke through bad management some years ago. There are still Swissair aircraft around but not the airline.There is Swiss International Airlines (called SWISS).John

http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpghttp://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I was aware of the Swissair and the Swiss International Airlines. Zurich WAS the hub of Swissair. I accept that I made a mistake with the capital city. This should be changed as soon as possible. Thank you for your feedback. I hope you realize we all make mistakes from time to time.Aaron G.

Please advise your staff reviewer Aaron Graham that Zurich is not the capital of Switzerland.As in many other countries, just because Zurich and Geneva are the most recognised cities in Switzerland, it doesn't mean either of them are the capital.The same applies here in Australia,- as most people think Sydney is the capital. It is in fact Canberra.When publishing items, please get your facts correct.The capital of Switzerland is Berne.Another thing.Swissair no longer exists, it went broke through bad management some years ago. There are still Swissair aircraft around but not the airline.There is Swiss International Airlines (called SWISS).John

Yup, no worries AaronZurich WAS the hub. Everyone makes mistakes, but I feel that if items are going to be published, it is important to get facts right.My wife comes from Switzerland and when she saw that, Ouch. - It's like saying New York is the capital of the USA.John

http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpghttp://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yup, no worries AaronZurich WAS the hub. Everyone makes mistakes, but I feel that if items are going to be published, it is important to get facts right.My wife comes from Switzerland and when she saw that, Ouch. - It's like saying New York is the capital of the USA.John
Lol, the errors are my fault, NOT AVSIMS fault. I have not got that fixed. Sorry about that.Merry Christmas!Aaron G.

:Loser: It's a lot simpler than that. S is the capital of Switzerland in the same way A is the capital of Australia, Albania and Alabama. In fact if they try really hard I bet most people could name the capital of a lot of countries. Come on, give it a go! What are the capitals of the United Kingdom (answer below)? I live in Canada so its capital is C, and in my home province of New Brunswick there are two capitals NB.See, no reason for us to get our shorts in a knot.Kind regards and happy New Year,(UK)

:Loser: It's a lot simpler than that. S is the capital of Switzerland in the same way A is the capital of Australia, Albania and Alabama. In fact if they try really hard I bet most people could name the capital of a lot of countries. Come on, give it a go! What are the capitals of the United Kingdom (answer below)? I live in Canada so its capital is C, and in my home province of New Brunswick there are two capitals NB.See, no reason for us to get our shorts in a knot.Kind regards and happy New Year,(UK)
Lol, hope you are enjoying Christmas!Aaron G.

LOL

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg