Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Recovery issues when minimized to desktop

Ok, I've started a ticket with PMDG but wanted to ask you guys if you're experiencing any issues with the NGX when FSX is minimized to the desktop?I am having major issues recovering the flight with NGX loaded every time I minimize FSX to desktop OR get out of full screen and come back to it. I generally do it to engage Radar Contact and then come back into FSX to continue on with the flight. Well this have been frustrating because every time I get back into FSX, either some buttons don't work in the NGX panel or the FSX menu does not work or a right click menu does not work (it engages but the menus are blank).Let me get a few things out of the way first so I can get you a little familiar with my set up.- This is a brand new OS, FSX install (this problem existed in my last install too, which lasted since Jan 2009, reconfigured everything for more HDD space)- UIAutomationCore.dll installed- Problem exists with or without ENB Mod installed- No special FSX tweaks other than Bojote's tool- NVidia driver 285.62- Checked for the exact same behavior in PMDG's 747, LD767. Real Air's Duke 80 and the birds are behaving perfectly normalWhat is frustrating is the fact that the NGX worked fairly well prior to OS, FSX reinstall. I was always able to get out full screen, engage Radar Contact and get back to full screen without any problems, well now it does not.How do I tackle this, did anyone experience anything similar before? Thanks for the input!Jacek Gawecki

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

In desktop, control+shift+escape, then double click FSX is the best way to get back into the game, no idea if it will help resolve your problem though?

-Iain Watson-

I usually ALT+ENTER to get out of the full screen, I do my tasks in desktop or other places and hit ALT+ENTER to come back. Like I said, this system works like a charm for every add-on bird I have other than NGX.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Well, try shift tab, then task manager as I said above, maybe it helps, doubt it tho.

-Iain Watson-

I just tried it, behaves exactly the same. Thanks for the input though :)

Jacek G.

We're looking into this as I told Jacek via the ticket system, but I need to say that it's highly unlikely there's going to be anything we can do. We do not control the graphics subsystem of FSX, Windows, or the video driver. Further complicating it is the fact that most people do not see this issue.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. I wanted to ask this in public since I know there are a lot of people out there who could help, not only you good folks at PMDG. ;)

Jacek G.