Sign in to follow this  
Uwajimaya

Dark virtual cockpit

Hey Gang,My 737-700 virtual cockpit is dark/ has no lights and is pretty useless at night. I probably messed with some files a while ago, but now for the life of me, I can not get any lighting in the VC. How the heck do I fix this? Is there a line/string in the aircraft.cfg? In the panel.cfg for the VC? Appreciate any help!Thanks,Torsten

You can try this.Go to your Settings/Display and make sure the "Landing Lights" is checked. Panel lights should work in VC now.Also, while in VC, you can go to the middle of the overhead panel and select the "Dome Lights" to on. This is not very realistic lighting though.Take care,John Floyd

Thanks guys. I figured out a few things..1. I think there is a limit to how many entries you can have under the "lights" section in your aircraft.cfg (read that somewhere years ago too), I had 20 entries, but once I made the vc light part of the first 18, it showed up. 18 Seems to be the limit.2. I was able to use each cockpit light effect only once. In the light section below, I first used the same effect for both lights but only one would appear which wasn't enough light to cover both sides. Once I assigned a diff lighting effect to the second vc light, both lights appeared.3. And finally, the DUH moment of the evening.. I was editing the aircraft.cfg for the 737-700 without winglets but loading the 737-700 with winglets. That wasted about 30 minutes :)light.17 = 4, -6.00, -1.90, 3.50, fx_vclighth,light.18 = 4, -6.00, 1.90, 3.50, fx_vcpmdgltm,Next project.. rain effects for the VC... :)Thanks again,Torsten