Sign in to follow this  
stfitts

Flight planner for NGX?

I need some help...Getting back into FS (used 9, now coming to X for NGX) and I need a good flight planner. What I'm needing is a tool to use that I can manual select route ie choose the specific VOR/Victor/jet routes/etc that I want to fly and build a plan that way. My top contender is Aivia EFB with FsCommander coming a close second. Can anyone provide any insight as to which program does this better? I don't need anything that will export to fms or what not, I enjoy putting that in myself. Thanks!

I have just purchased Aivlasoft EFB and i just love it, but actually i don't use it to build flight plans so i can't comment as far as Aiv. EFB is concerned. I have been using FSBUILD for some time now, so i import the .pln file from FSX that was built in FSBUILD into EFB.I use the EFB for all its other great attributes. If you are looking purely for a flight planner then FSBUILD would be a great choice in my opinion and a lot cheaper than Aiv. EFB, which of course is more expensive for a very good reason. It is not just a flight planner.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have just purchased Aivlasoft EFB and i just love it, but actually i don't use it to build flight plans so i can't comment as far as Aiv. EFB is concerned. I have been using FSBUILD for some time now, so i import the .pln file from FSX that was built in FSBUILD into EFB.I use the EFB for all its other great attributes. If you are looking purely for a flight planner then FSBUILD would be a great choice in my opinion and a lot cheaper than Aiv. EFB, which of course is more expensive for a very good reason. It is not just a flight planner.Regards,
I have FsBuild. Everyone swears by it and I'm not sure why. Sure it offers a auto generator and stuff but it's kinda basic. Besides, unless I am missing something, I can't view a map to look at the different navaids to choose from on the route I'm wanting to fly, can I? That's why fsnav worked great, I could just drag and drop my route and be done with it. Thanks

I have FsBuild. Everyone swears by it and I'm not sure why. Sure it offers a auto generator and stuff but it's kinda basic. Besides, unless I am missing something, I can't view a map to look at the different navaids to choose from on the route I'm wanting to fly, can I? That's why fsnav worked great, I could just drag and drop my route and be done with it.Thanks
Sorry, it sounded like you were looking more for just a flight planner. If it's an all inclusive, then it's Aivlasoft EFB for me. Can't speak for FSC.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The only reason why I am asking for a tool like this is because sometimes I fly into little known fields that sometimes it is hard to find flight plans to/from so I will build my own route and FsNav worked for that in the map screen. All I had to do was find the navaids between the airports I wanted and select those into the flight plan. I hope I am getting my point across clear enough.Thanks

I have FsBuild. Everyone swears by it and I'm not sure why. Sure it offers a auto generator and stuff but it's kinda basic. Besides, unless I am missing something, I can't view a map to look at the different navaids to choose from on the route I'm wanting to fly, can I? That's why fsnav worked great, I could just drag and drop my route and be done with it.Thanks
You can actually do that with FSBuild, but its a huge pain to work with. I wouldnt recommend it for that. I wouldnt recommend it for the autogenerator either, the only thing its really good at is to export to various payware formats.

You can actually do that with FSBuild, but its a huge pain to work with. I wouldnt recommend it for that. I wouldnt recommend it for the autogenerator either, the only thing its really good at is to export to various payware formats.
My thoughts exactly. Thats why I'm looking for a close FsNav replacement.

I use routefinder: http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/It's free and generates a route compatible with the revision of navdata you have. There's also a subscription version which provides a more complete service, including export to various addons.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have been happy with FSC9. It is simple to use (Read the manual though-don't try just pounding on the keys until something happens). It exports in PMDG and several other formats, and will display SIDS, STARS, and Transitions before you commit to one, which can give you a good understanding of what you are creating. You can let it do the planning automatically, or do it yourself (as you indicated that you prefer).It also will print out the most useful information for reference during the flight, including the form used in tutorial one for the NGX. It is airplane specific, based on information you input to it one time per aircraft. I am not familiar with Aivia EFB though, so can't give you a comparison.Tom Hill

hi shawnI use FSCommander. I have used FSBuild, and have to agree that I don't see why everyone swears by it. Unless i'm missing something too. With FSCommander you can manually select any VOR, Intersection etc from the map, right click on it, and from the menu, choose 'Add to flightplan'. Or you can type the name or coordinate of the required waypoint into the flightplan window, and select it that way. You can also choose (where available), any of the SIDS & STARS for which ever departing & landing runway you want to use, and add those to the flightplan too. I think FSCommander offers a vast amount features and information, and is, at least, equal to FSNav.Thanks

This is getting close. http://www.pfpx.com/Will be on my must have list.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

This is getting close. http://www.pfpx.com/Will be on my must have list.
yea hopefully soon

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I use routefinder: http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/It's free and generates a route compatible with the revision of navdata you have. There's also a subscription version which provides a more complete service, including export to various addons.Kevin Hall
I use Routfinder from within FSBuild. Just a Copy/paste operation and you can add SID's/STARS when you need when flying online, and the FP gets saved automatically. Would like to see a NGX performance file like the PMDG747-400 has for FSBuild.Buck Bolduc

FSCommander has all the tools and bells & whistles you could ever need in flight planning. As mentioned already it exports to a variety of plan formats. I like to export to FSX as well as what I'm flying, PMDG, LVLD etc., that way if you use default ATC, they're on the same page while doing your flight.I liked FSNav when I was using FS9, but you have to admit, it's kinda hokey when it will fly your flight plan right to the deck if you let it. Who ever heard of a C-182 doing autoland!