Sign in to follow this  
Goair-18

[POLL] Do you receive the black screen on the ngx.n

Black screen when flying  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recive the black screen/part built cockpit on the PMDG NGX

• In full screen jumping out to windowed and back in.
    • Flying online reciving an on screen message (Causes black screen) once answered.
    • Switching between views
    • I have no problems in full screen jumping out to windowed and bk (please provide specs)

Guys this is just to see how many peolpe are getting black screens/part built cockpit and or aircraft when jumping from full screen or any other causes. This isnt a dig a PMDG but an atempt to try find a soultion. If you have found a work round or know the cause please feel free to leave feed bk.I love flying this bird alot, but i can only fly free flight and not online, as i only fly full screened to get the full benifit of this aircraft.Thanks Danny.

No probs at all with this!Using Alt-Enter only, not Alt-Tab./ Leffe

I get black screen when switching from full screen to windowed, but this happens with even my default fs planes sometimes. As a workaround, I use alt+ctrl+delete, then I press cancel on the screen which comes up and my black screen is gone.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I use to worry about switching between full screen and windowed mode but find myself doing it almost every flight without problems. Specs are in my sig.I also found that when my FPS drop like 10% I can switch to windowed mode then back to full screen and get the FPS back, I guess this has to do with either background task or windows priority tasking.

I was having numerous black screens also. When watching replays, when exiting or entering menus... etc. But when I removed ENB Series, I haven't had any black screen anymore whatsoever!

the problem is between ENB series HDR and NGX 737. i think its a conflict comes from the file d3dx9.dll (from NGX and DirectX) its the first PMDG aircraft who need DirectX installation at the end.i try any thing and i try diffrent version of Enb Series but no way to avoid CTD.the solution may come from PMDG because Enb series HDR works fine with other aircraft,hope they will fix this in the SP2.cuz i like Enb series and i love the 737 NGX.

the problem is between ENB series HDR and NGX 737. i think its a conflict comes from the file d3dx9.dll (from NGX and DirectX) its the first PMDG aircraft who need DirectX installation at the end.i try any thing and i try diffrent version of Enb Series but no way to avoid CTD.the solution may come from PMDG because Enb series HDR works fine with other aircraft,hope they will fix this in the SP2.cuz i like Enb series and i love the 737 NGX.
Any mod that used the d3dx9.dll library will potentially (probably) cause issues. Including ENB Series and Antilag FPS limiter. It's inevitable.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Any mod that used the d3dx9.dll library will potentially (probably) cause issues. Including ENB Series and Antilag FPS limiter. It's inevitable.
i dont use FPS limiter now,i use Nvidia inspector FPS limiter just to try if FSX make CTD or not and its the same thing.NGX and Enb Mod don't work fine.Thanks

i dont use FPS limiter now,i use Nvidia inspector FPS limiter just to try if FSX make CTD or not and its the same thing.NGX and Enb Mod don't work fine.Thanks
Well that's my point n4f13. They don't work fine and as you and I said, it's the d3dx9.dll

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I have a black screen when going back to full screen after going to windowed mode. I don't have ENB. I noticed that CTRL-ALT-DEL and opening the task manager just bring my full screen FSX back.

Fabrice Lambert

Don't see that here.. And I often switch from full screen to windowed when I'mgrabbing a flight plan to punch into the FMC..The only time I ever see missing VC textures is if I try to "double dip" the737NGX. IE: if I have one loaded, and then select another, everything is shut down, and I notice that a small piece of texture is missing up aroundthe back rear of the overhead, kind of to the FO's side..So.. I just don't double dip the NGX..But no, I don't see what you are talking about.. Even when switching fromfull screen to windowed, and back again after grabbing my flight plans.For what it's worth, I only use the "alt-enter" method of switching fromfull screen to windowed, or visa versa. Never had a problem doing it that way.

With ENBSeries I got black screens when switching screens, after I deleted ENBSeries incl the *.dll all was well again. They just don't like each other and since I have more fun with the NGX than a bloom enhancement, I choose the NGX :D