Sign in to follow this  
BertieBott

Optimizing Macbook Pro for FSX/PMDG

Hey guys, hope this is an appropriate place to post. I just got a 15" 2.2GHz i7 Macbook Pro (Early 2011 model). Naturally, I'll be setting up bootcamp with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit to run FSX and all my aircraft (including, my future NGX). Any suggestions from you fellow pilots as to how to best optimize my setup so as to have the best performance possible? Thanks in advance for your help!

Since your using boot camp just treat it as you would a regular pc. Nickn's setup guide is pretty useful & easily located on google.Given the 2.2ghz however, expect to use fairly low graphics settings. Keep other addons to a minimum as well.

I suggest, as much as I love my macbook pro, please don't use it for fsx. These machines aren't designed for it. However, if you insist the previous post will help. I just love my macbook pro and they do not like big games like fsx.

I have to agree with Steven. MacBook Pros are wonderful machines - I love mine too - but they are just not built for FSX.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Same here. I have a pc for fsx & a MacBook pro for everything else.

A Macbook running Windows is for all intents and purposes just a PC like any other. It has an Intel CPU and mobo, an ATI or Nvidia GPU etc. What makes them ill-suited for high-end FSX use is their lack of any overclocking ability and the prevalent use of slower ATI GPUs that don't perform anywhere near as well in FSX as one of the higher end Nvidia cards in a desktop does.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

A Macbook running Windows is for all intents and purposes just a PC like any other. It has an Intel CPU and mobo, an ATI or Nvidia GPU etc. What makes them ill-suited for high-end FSX use is their lack of any overclocking ability and the prevalent use of slower ATI GPUs that don't perform anywhere near as well in FSX as one of the higher end Nvidia cards in a desktop does.
Not to mention the platform if mobile. Mobile hardware just isn't suited for demanding games and sims.Use little or no AA, sliders left, and run Bojote's tweaker. That's the extent of optimizing that can be done on a laptop of any make.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules