Sign in to follow this  
EasyE

FMS Help!

Hey Bryan. Sorry to trouble you this close to the Christmas Holidays. Decided to try my hand at the ATR. Already have the J41 as well as numerous PMDG aircraft and the Level One 767 so I'm no stranger to most of the systems and procedures when it comes to the FMC/FMS. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete the 'discos' in the ATR FMS. I have done what the manual instructs, press CLR until 'delete' appears and the click the appropriate line item. This does not work. I am trying to load your tutorial flight and the line items on page two of the routes setup are: AAAAA and below that, AAAAA. These have the text, "then", followed by, "route discontinuity". How do I remove these discos? I entered my Origin and destination then proceeded to the dep/arr page and entered the sid/star/rnwy info. From there to page 2 of the routes to enter any final info. It is here, as well as the legs page, where I am encountering the discos. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help you can give me. BTW, nice aircraft and beautiful setup with FS2 so far. Great work! Thanks.

Hi,I haven't used the ATR in a couple years, so I'm sorry I don't remember all the nuances of its FMS.I might suggest trying the Filght1 ATR support forum.Also, I think those AAAAA's may be a font issue. Again please check the Flight1 ATR forum.http://atr.flight1.n...ums/default.aspBest,

Hey Bryan. Wanted to post this fix for win7 users. Found a less than detailed resolution on the ATR forums and spent the last 24 hours waiting on a response from the support group. The AAAAA font issue in the ATR's FMS is due to the Windows installer not correctly installing/ activating the HHFMS font file. To correct this, go into the MS FSX directory, locate the fonts folder, open and scroll down to HHMFS, right click and choose install. This should resolve the issue. If not, locate the same file, HHMFS, copy and then paste into your C: Windows/ fonts folder. This worked great for me and I now have the entry 'boxes' in my FMS. Hope this saves someone some time and frustration. Have a wonderful Christmas Bryan.