Hi guys,I´m currently suffering from something very strage: The RAM is used almost 100% and the CPU is hovering at about 10% usage but it is jumping between 4.2 and 1.6 GHz. I´m doing nothing more than play a bit music and use IE. Also the Task Manager shows nothing which could cause that RAM usage. Does someone know what´s causing this?

In Task manager, Process tab, tick on "Show processes from all users", sort by Working Set and post a pic

In Task manager, Process tab, tick on "Show processes from all users", sort by Working Set and post a pic
It even got weirder! Now it´s back on its normal usage of arround 30%. I had this heavy usage now twice today. I´ll make that picture when it occurs again.

Well, I just happened again! Here are the pictures you´ll requested, Dario.The system´s current running time is 4:20 h. I never had such an behaviour before and it´s really anoying. Everything gets so darn slown!

I can't see anything there man.Expand the columns, and sort (high to low) by "Working Set (Memory)" clicking in the column header. There's a Working set related column there "Arbeitspeicher..." but I don't know if it's the current Working set, peak, delta...If you don't sort the list, the offending process may remain out of sight

All right, I didn´t know that I can sort the entries that way. I´ll take the correct pic´s when it happens again.Here we go! Hopefully you can see something unusual.

Guest jahman

You've got lots of explorer processes going. Yiou should know many webs use poor programming techniques for their web pages that use al the CPU they can get for polling. You also seem to have other unnecesary processes going related to PhotoShop, Nokia, iPod, and IndexServer that consume CPU resources.You might want to try FSPS Multi-Core (Advanced) to set up an FSX profile to automatically shut-down any unneeded processes and services so FSX gets a "lean and mean" machine to run on.Cheers,- jahman.

I've got 72 running. I think a lot of guys forgot not everyone runs a lean FSX only machine. I use mine for photo work, printer stuff, internet, finances, other games etc etc.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well, the CPU processes aren't the problem. It's the RAM, which will be fully used and there's no process which can be assigned to that RAM usage. (null)

Wow, 78 is hardcore. I got 47 with a new boot, and that is also with iTunes and Apple services.First thing I would get rid of is Internet Explorer. Try using a serious browser (eg. Firefox).2nd, any toolbars you got installed - remove.

First thing I would get rid of is Internet Explorer. Try using a serious browser (eg. Firefox).2nd, any toolbars you got installed - remove.
Why no IE? In like it very much and it has a seemless intergartion with the "back" button on my mouse. Every other browser doesn´t work with that button and it´s very annoying to klick "back" every time.I´ve got only one toolbar installd and this I have to to get 500MB storage in my e-mail account. Otherwise I´ll only get 12Mb which way too low.And there´s the problem that this heavy RAM usage occores and then, after some time, the RAM usage is back on normal niveau of arround 30-40% without changing anything on my side.

Good Morning Steffen!To answer your original question.It sounds very much as though you have got 'system interrupt' problems.I to have these.What happens.....I will start up PC .For five to ten minutes PC runs smoothly and well.After this period ,mouse becomes laggy, sound is crackly ,distorted ,typing in forums becomes a chore as letters don't appear for a second or so after hitting the key (VERY annoying)general performance is poor.After still some more time this situation usually resolves itself and PC is back to normal again.Download a program called Process Explorer (a sort of extended windows task manager)Run the prog ,and if your PC starts to run poorly as described have a look at the 'System Interrupt' tab ,and also the Process explorer window If the displayed graph is mainly in the green then all is well ,if however you start to see increased red and a usage of anything from 40% to 100% then you likely have the same trouble as myself.Unfortunately I am not a Grandmaster Geek so finding a working solution to this issue from the mass of mainly useless internet info seems to be impossible.I hope this may help to enlighten you a little though.PS as to different browsers ,I have had the same trouble using both IExplorer and Google chrome ,so it doesn't seem as though changing your browser will make any difference, anyway you get used to a certain browser ,and speaking for myself i am reluctant to change (chrome) as I have it set up as I like it.AnywaysMerry Yule Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi AllIf you are running Win 7 or Vista you should be aware that Windows 7 can use up to 90-95 percent of their physical memory (RAM). If you have Supefetch enabled then Windows will use every bit of physical RAM it can, but Win 7will only use memory for (disk) cache when there is no other demand for that memory. Sure you can stop certain Windows services to run programs like FSX, but it would be unusual for FSX to deplete the RAM (and then use the paging file) or to slow down, unless there was an active process running at the same time. Heavy RAM usage by Win 7 is usually pretty normal and is not a cause for concern unless there are hardware/software issues. If you look at the Task Manager you will indeed se that "free" memory is almost negligible,but this is because so much is used by cache. The important number is not "free," but "available." The "available" memory includes both memory that is free, and memory that can be almost instantaneously made available, and this figure is far more representative of the true amount of memory available to applications. The vast majority of cached memory can be freed up near-instantly, since it is used up merely by cached data from disk. This does not apply to XP which will show more free memory because it is not efficient in RAM usage as Win 7 (&V SP2). This has nothing to do with the Virtual Address Space (VAS)I agree about using Process Explorer and the following explains wnat might be going oin if the usage is not "normal":It could be a sub-process or application that's running in the backgroundand taking all the CPU resources.To find and display what could be the problem try Process Explorer:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspxSysInternals Forums: http://forum.sysinternals.com/Worth Reading: The Case of the System Process CPU Spikeshttp://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/04/07/3031251.aspxOnce you have Process Explorer installed and running:In the taskbar select View and check:'Show Process Tree' and the 'Show Lower Pane' options.Move your mouse cursor over any column in the right hand pane andright click and check the following boxes:'Command Line' and 'Version'.Then expand the process named 'Explorer' (click on the + sign)In the column on the left named 'CPU', look for any high CPU usage.Next click on the CPU column to sort the processes by %CPU usage(Highest to Lowest).Move the mouse cursor over any process,you should see a popup with some detailed info.Then mouse over the process that's using most or all the CPU %.Then click on that process to highlight it,Now that it's highlighted, right click and from the options listed select:'Search Online'.This should display what out there on the web about that process.You can also double click on any process to open up a more detailed'Properties' window.Note: some entries like Explorer, System/Services, and Svchostmay need to be expanded to show the detail (sub processes),in this case click on the + located to the left of the entry.An alternate method when using Process Exploreris to double click on the Graph just below the Menu bar.This will open the 'System Information' window, which has a larger displayof all three graphs. Move your mouse over any spike in theCPU Usage graph to see what process/application or service is the causeof the spike. RegardsPeterH