I've been flying sim for several years now, but I have finally decided to start using the checklists. Someone posted that flying by yourself, especially in larger jets, breeds bad habits and I'm having a heck of a time breaking some of my bad habits.My question is, as the Pilot Flying, when I start the Preflight Checklist and the FO says "Oxygen" and I reply "Tested, 100%", am I actually supposed to check the Oxygen ? And the same holds true for "Instrument Transfer Switches", "Window Heat", "Pressurization Mode Selector" etc, etc? Should I be finding these switches and turning them on or are they already turned on and I just have to verify ?I don't have a clue where most of these systems switches are located nor how to check them if I find them. Am I missing something or are these checklists supposed to be, for the most part, simulated checklists ? I do realize that there are a majority of checklists callouts that I do know what they are talking about, such as, "Setting Flight Instruments", "Parking Brake", "Engine Start Levers" etc.My gut feeling is that I have a lot of learning to do and I'm still using alot of those bad habits that I've learned over the years.Thanks and Merry Christmas !!!Lee