Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Help with spoilers

Hi guys, for some reason this problem seems to be a bit random and I'm unsure how to overcome it. I suspect it's finger trouble at my end, although it may be something that some of the more knowledgeable fellas are aware of, or indeed an FSX bug. For some reason, I find that when I want to deploy full spoilers, that only one spoiler on the right wing functions. Once on the ground the spoilers function perfectly. I have Ezdok and run with FSUIPC with the FSX controller unticked. This has just happened flying from Bristol to Manchester on AP, flying both VNAV and LNAV. During the decent the CDU requested additional drag, but once the spoilers were activated, that was when I was aware of only a single spoiler was operating. Any help appreciated guys, thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Sounds like you may have a control wheel offset. The way the spoiler/speedbrake mixing has been simulated, any slight wheel defection to the left will cause the roll spoilers on the right wing to retract completely, leaving one panel extended. Vice versa for wheel offset to the right.You could try increasing the wheel axis deadband so any small offset won't have this effect. Hope this helps.Merry Christmas.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sounds like you may have a control wheel offset. The way the spoiler/speedbrake mixing has been simulated, any slight wheel defection to the left will cause the roll spoilers on the right wing to retract completely, leaving one panel extended. Vice versa for wheel offset to the right.You could try increasing the wheel axis deadband so any small offset won't have this effect. Hope this helps.Merry Christmas.Kevin Hall
Thanks Kevin, I'll check that out and see if I can sort it, cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Yea, the only issue I have with the 737 is getting the spoilers to work with my PFC throttles. The work on the PDMG 747 and the LD767, but not the 737. They are set up in FSUIPC and PFC utility. I still ahve to use the / key.

Paul Gugliotta

Sorry off topic, but as I see you both have FSUIPC I thought I would ask. Is there any area or link you guys have of a manual for it? I am thinking about buying it, as FSX control setup is not the best, but can't seem to find an in depth explanation of what it offers option wise.Thank for any help.

Howard