Sign in to follow this  
skyways

Scenery Area 038 and Misaligned Gate Locations

HiLately I've had an error come up when I start Flight Sim with the following text:[[[sCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (Addon Scenery/SCENERY) in scenery Area.038 not found. Click OK to continue.]]]The section of my scenery.cfg reads:[Area.037]Title=Propeller ObjectsLocal=Scenery\propsLayer=37Active=TRUERequired=TRUERemote=[Area.038]Title=Addon SceneryLocal=Addon SceneryLayer=38Active=TRUERequired=FALSERemote=[Area.039]Title=Ultimate Terrain - Europe 1Local=SCENERY\UTEUR1Layer=39Active=TRUERequired=FALSERemote=In addition to this, everywhere I load up at an airport where I have add-on scenery installed, the aircraft is misaligned with the gate. It could be left, right, out in the middle of a taxiway or in the terminal somewhere. I'm reluctant to use skew mode as the aircraft tends to spin uncontrollably.I have about 20-25 items of addon-scenery but havent deleted, moved or installed any lately in the period this started happening. Any ideas whats wrong or how I can fix this??Thanks

The error is telling you that FS cannot find Area.38.In your root FS9 folder do you have a folder named "Addon Scenery"?If so does it contain at least a folder named "scenery"?The error message says the answer to at least one of those is "no".You could have accidentally renamed the folder or dragged it into another folder.Having AI line up at gates requires an accurate AFD file, not all addons have them.Also, because of the way FS places AI at gates an MD80 may not look right at a gate where a B737 looks perfect. Such is FS9.Since you gave us no specifics such as airport ICAO, addon name and download location we cannot give you a specific answer.http://youtu.be/FfyTSjsBSXQregards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

In your root FS9 folder do you have a folder named "Addon Scenery"? Yes.If so does it contain at least a folder named "scenery"? No.The error message says the answer to at least one of those is "no". Correct :)You could have accidentally renamed the folder or dragged it into another folder. OK, that sounds reasonable. However if I accidently dragged into another folder in Addon Scenery then the contents of it would be very hard to find as they would have mixed in with another addons bits and pieces, correct?Having AI line up at gates requires an accurate AFD file, not all addons have them. Also, because of the way FS places AI at gates an MD80 may not look right at a gate where a B737 looks perfect. Such is FS9. I'm aware of that alright, but what I'm saying is that previously where addons would have had me on the centerline of the gate, I'm now in a drawbridge or in the terminal somwhere. I'm using UK2000 Extreme EGLL and EHAM MegaAirport as an example but it happens at ALL airports where I've added scenery, both payware or freeware. More I think about it, its as if FS is referencing the default AFCAD and not referring to the add-on's AFCAD for some reason. That's what it seems like anyways.Since you gave us no specifics such as airport ICAO, addon name and download location we cannot give you a specific answer.Well without me giving you an exhaustive list of my add-ons, I can tell that it happens at every aerodrome that I do not default scenery for. I would say I was about 7 to 8 items from UK2000, they'd be my most common location. Hopefully this helps a bit.Edit - After adding a Scenery and Texture folder that is empty gets rid of the '038' error on startup but the loading up issue is still present.

It sounds like you had a scenery folder that had a bunch of AFD files, or Afcads, and it is now MIA.As the AFD files are no longer being seen by FS9 the default AFD data is being used and it doesn't line up with the addon scenery.Unless you can find your original folder you may have to reinstall all of the addons or at least their AFD files.Do a Windows Explorer search for EGLL or EHAM or the ICAO code from another addon. Maybe you will find the lost folder.Also look in your recycle bin.If you accidentally dropped the scenery folder into another folder and the files got mixed in with another addons bits they would still work as long as that addon is active in your scenery library.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif