Sign in to follow this  
Mr.midnight

FSX SP! or SP2 Simconnect 2

I hate to keep bothering folks about this , but this has become a regular pain to try and get this FSX SP1 or SP2 SimConnect Client crap to go away, ive done it all downloaded , reloaded , reloaded FSX several times and got all the files and contacted hifi support , you name it i have done .read the manual no it by heart , backwards even.i have every file shared from here to eternity if it was a file i shared it.ran sdk,s on both client and Server , ran all updates , and still these sp updates ars not right.im feeling pretty dumb right now , i really need to what im missing.Thanks...Robert

Hello,All the SDKs and SKD updates get installed on the client computer, not the server. The server already has SimConnect installed from when you installed FSX. Not only that, but you must run the simconnect.msi file from each SKD. Just installing the SDKs is not enough.Besides what you have done you never state what the actual issue is.Did you configure the 3 needed files and place them in the proper folders, 2 on the server and one on the client?Did you run the AI Traffic utility on the client with FSX running on the server? What were the results of that run?Did you allow a port through both firewalls and is it the same port that you entered in the 2 needed configuration files?

Well thanks for the reply and i will go down the line on what i have done.1. yes all files are where they should be FSX / simconnect.xml. on server2. my documents / flightsim files/simconnect .ini also on server.3.on client in c/:usres / username/ my documents/ simconnect.cfg4. xml file has been configured to ipv4, global,port.500.address of server.5.left .ini alone.6.put cfg file on client in my documents file.7. also placed msi.file on client and loaded.8. all files are shared and have permissions trust me on that one.9.also have all files mapped ( flightsim folder , fsx , my document flightsim folder , and various folders.10.the only thing new that i have heard is that you load all yoursdk,sdk,s and updates on the client.Which I did loaded all softrware on the client.Sdk sp1a etc. also.When I tried to use the al traffic I got an error saying it was not correct or something , but I can use al traffic on the server works fine but not on the client.So im rather lost right now, The problem arises when I load ASE and all loaded except the simclient. Thanks…….Robert

Hi,Did you configure the .cfg file on the client with the matching information from the .xml file on the server?Did you RUN the 3 Simconnect.msi files on the client computer?If the AI traffic utility will not run on the client with FSX running on the server then you don't have SimConnect set up right. Don't try to even run AS because it isn't going to even begin working until Simconnect is correct.

Thanks for the reply , well i think you lost me there you said three.msi files, i was aware of only one simconnect.msi file not three?.maybe thats my problem.how do i do thatthanks ........Robert

Oh i see so after i load the sdk from cd1 , i then load the client with the simconnect.msi provided .then after i download sp1a from the web i then load the simconnect.msi again from the sdk folder to the client.now where do i get the sdk 2 from , that is where i get confused.i have been to the www.fsinsider site and for a long time i have never seen these sdk dowmloads they are taliking about.and then after loading sdk2 on the client i then run the simconnect.msi again on the client.also do i need to map the sdk folder so that al traffic will know thw path or is this automatic. i got a error message when i tried running it from the client , but from the server it worked fine as to being connected.Thanks.......................Robert......Happy Holidays

http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FSXSDK-SP2Update.aspxNo, you do not map anything on the client computer.The AI Traffic utility works fine on the server because that is where FSX is installed.The AI Traffic Utility does not work on the client for you because you do not have Simconnect set up correctly within the 3 necessary files.

Thanks Jim for that info im now up and running , i have been doing this set up wrong for so long.im wondering though i must have missed it several times but where does it say to load the sdk,s on the client computer and run simconnect each time you load simconnect.msi.i must have missed it.well its up and running , well at least up , i see no weather change but at least im in.Thanks.........again.......Robert

Page 90 of the AS2012 Help Guide in the pdf file, step number 3:"Step 3: Installing SimConnect client on CLIENT(s)There is a simconnect.msi installation file located in the SDK installation folderSDKCore Utilities KitSimConnect SDKlib. This file should be copied to each CLIENT machine and run in order to install the appropriate SimConnect client files. Remember to update your SDK to SP1A (or latest) before doing this."Does the AI traffic utility stay running on the client computer now?

well not exactly , the screen comes up but it does not say flightsim connected.Also ASE loads on the client without no problems , but it is not connected yo the server , not for sure where the problem lies at this moment.i though sdk2 covered the update.Thanks............Robert

Well folks and Thank you Jim i finally got it working , everything loads up fine . never looked so good.i now know how to get it working in the future .Happy Holidays and thanks again.....Robert

Well folks and Thank you Jim i finally got it working , everything loads up fine . never looked so good.i now know how to get it working in the future .Happy Holidays and thanks again.....Robert
Hello, I am having exactly same problem. But how did you solve the problem ? Please reply. Cheers

Hello, I am having exactly same problem. But how did you solve the problem ? Please reply. Cheers
You will not believe how dumb I am. After spending 10 hours, crying, yelling, getting crazy, even reinstall FSX. I finally found my mistake. In simconnect.xml I was putting client pc name for address, but I should put server pc name. So as you see, a little mistake cost me 10 hours. Cheers :(