Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Best FOV with TrackIR 5 in FSX?

First of all merry xmas to all community...I spend most of my time flying with 737 pmdg, ezca and trackir. In your opinion wich is the best value of zoom setting for a better realism and "sense of speed" during takeoff and approach/landing? I use default trackir profile, and set ezca in vc to best fitting my view, if I push + or - keys my zoom value is 0.40. Some people says 0.62 is the best value, isn't to near to MCP and doesn't reduce your fov? So which is the correct and most real value for a proper fov?Many thanks for help,Riccardo

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

The best FOV is the one YOU feel is the most realistic. Me? I like to position myself where I reckon I would be sitting in a real aeroplane. Some would say something else. You have to ask yourself what feels right. I suspect you already know the answer to that.Go and sit in your car and note how far away the dashboard is. TrackIR, in my opinion, negates the argument about lack of peripheral vision.Oh, and a merry Christmas to you too. :D

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

In general I set my zoom to .50. I guess it also has to do with the size of your screen. On my 22" 1680x1050 anything below .50 quickly results in unreadable gauges.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Many thanks to all guys!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I myself just move my head about where I want it, then recenter to get it where I like it. I may adjust it that way a couple times during a flight.