Sign in to follow this  
DOGANG KIM

Is this bug? "SINGLE CH"(Not LAND 3) is able to full auto landing!

Yes. It's true.I tuned only one radio frq to ILS frq.AndI did hit VOR/LOC and APP button.Then I got VOR/LOC, G/S mode in PFD.Then I waited with SINGLE CH (amber)finaly, my aircraft did full auto land with flare, retard, roll out. (The roll out and flare was not shown at PFD. But the aircraft's menuver was roll out and flare.)Is this a bug?It was not LAND 3 (green)My FSX is clean installed. No ADD ONs and only PMDG747-400 and PMDG 737-800/900 + SP1b. Sorry my English.

안녕하십니까!One of the engineers that posts here often says that the real jet will do this as well. I think the quote from the FCOM is that it won't do a "full" autoland, whatever that is.

Matt Cee

Spin737: some people suggest that it wouldnt go around. Whether that is a part of "full" autoland FCOM mentions...

What you saw was not an autoland in the true sense of the word.Any plane in FSX will "autoland" if you give it the right conditions. If the rudder is centred or Autorudder is checked in FSX it will keep the plane centred on the runway.I often autolanded the terrible default FSX 737 but it was not really an autoland. (just leave the autopilot engaged.)I really doubt that the plane actually flared by itself. ( but who knows.........it is christmas.)Please never try this in the real plane !! :(( especially if I am a passenger.) LOL.gifFred.

What you saw was not an autoland in the true sense of the word.Any plane in FSX will "autoland" if you give it the right conditions. If the rudder is centred or Autorudder is checked in FSX it will keep the plane centred on the runway.I often autolanded the terrible default FSX 737 but it was not really an autoland. (just leave the autopilot engaged.)I really doubt that the plane actually flared by itself. ( but who knows.........it is christmas.)Please never try this in the real plane !! :(( especially if I am a passenger.) LOL.gifFred.
I am not that stupid.. I can take movie and uproad youtube. The menuver was totaly "flare and roll out" I tested almost 8 times. And same result. And wind was 7~8knot.

안녕하십니까!One of the engineers that posts here often says that the real jet will do this as well. I think the quote from the FCOM is that it won't do a "full" autoland, whatever that is.
How do you know that I am korean? oh yes. north korean dictator died 3 days ago. war will begin . OMG

I was previously having trouble getting dual channel/land 3 to work, so i did lots of single ch landings. I let it try and 'autoland' a few to see what performance was like. It flared nicely, seemed to grease it just as well as the full land 3 autoland. So i concur with the op's observations.Cant see any reason why you would not build it like this from an engineering perspective. Second channel is just for redundancy i thought - no point making the plane hit the ground hard just cos the pilot forgot/wasnt able to get second ap online. Lack of 'flare' annunciation would obviously make sense to remind you that youre not supposed to be letting the plane do the landing!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

This is a sim guys !! You can practically "autoland" anything in it.In the RW Fail Operational autoland is an expensive option and very very few airlines actually have it installed. ( my guess is less than 1% )Ryanair have the largest fleet of 737 800's in the world (over 300) and not one of those planes has Fail Op installed.There are very few runways in the world that are even setup for Fail Op autoland.Enjoy the NGX & Happy Christmas !Fred.

This is a sim Kim.Fred (who was a real world NG driver) already told you that you can autoland ANYTHING in the sim...No one is saying that you're stupid.No need to upload a video. The default 737 will do the same fake autoland if you leave the autopilot engaged. .So NO, this is not a bug. This is YET another FSX limitation.Again, this is a sim. This is FSX.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

How do you know that I am korean? oh yes. north korean dictator died 3 days ago. war will begin . OMG
I spent 2 years flying with many Capt. Kim, Lee, and Park at 대한항공. Good luck with 김정은.

Matt Cee

What Epikk said. And on a side note, I hope you realize you were coming in pretty hot on that approach. 160+ knots over the numbers is a little much.

Its a sim but almost everyone flying the ngx wants it to be an accurate sim!My experience is that autoland doesn't work well on a lot of default fsx planes and addons. It tends to be the high quality addons that can successfully autoland, including modeling the flare and rollout.My impression from the above is that the ngx in single chanel mode is replicating what the real aircraft does - is this correct?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

This is a sim guys !! You can practically "autoland" anything in it.In the RW Fail Operational autoland is an expensive option and very very few airlines actually have it installed. ( my guess is less than 1% )Ryanair have the largest fleet of 737 800's in the world (over 300) and not one of those planes has Fail Op installed.There are very few runways in the world that are even setup for Fail Op autoland.Enjoy the NGX & Happy Christmas !Fred.
Fred,Out of curiosity: what does a RWY need to be FAIL OP capable? Any link to that?Bert Van Bulck