Sign in to follow this  
Arnaud

CYVR Vancouver released

Congratulations to Mr. Gabbert; this scenery is first-rate. Pretty good Christmas this year for FS9 simmers, what with EPKK, and KMIA, and Macau.....and CYVR!

John G.

A wonderful Christmas gift. Thank you Jonathon!! :(

That looks awesome! Might it also work in FSX?
What's FSX? ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

A couple of small problems and easy fixes for CYVR.If you are having a problem with ground textures bleeding through, you need to adjust the elevation of AP915140 in the Scenery/Namw scenery to the same value as the AFCAD file. Use JABBgl to set Vancouver International to 4.31 metres. If you don't know how to do this, send me a PM and I'll send you the corrected file.Also, if you are using the WoAI Traffic_000_WoA_Air Canada Jazz_Su10 file and you find your Dash-8 200's with strange prop textures, simply delete the prop textures in the aircraft WoA_TFS_Dash8-200 texture folders and substitute the USAX prop textures...This is a really excellent scenery --- I hope AES support will be forthcoming.... It deserves it...Ian

Hello Ian (Kiwiflyer45)Sorry for hijacking the thread but the problem you mentioned above is the exact problem I have with Fy Tampa's KSFO. I have very bad texture bleed through on all runways, taxiways and grass areas causing major flickering when inbound, (not outbound funny enough). I am using GE Pro and terrain max vertex level at 21 and I have mipped the textures but to no avail. These are the only things I can think of that may be relevant to the problem.I love Fly Tampa's stuff but this problem makes KSFO unflyable for me. I have the same problem at VHHX but to a lessor extent. Could you possibly help please with KSFO in the way you mentioned above.Many thanks.Malcolm "Rooster" Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

Hello Ian (Kiwiflyer45)Sorry for hijacking the thread but the problem you mentioned above is the exact problem I have with Fy Tampa's KSFO. I have very bad texture bleed through on all runways, taxiways and grass areas causing major flickering when inbound, (not outbound funny enough). I am using GE Pro and terrain max vertex level at 21 and I have mipped the textures but to no avail. These are the only things I can think of that may be relevant to the problem.I love Fly Tampa's stuff but this problem makes KSFO unflyable for me. I have the same problem at VHHX but to a lessor extent. Could you possibly help please with KSFO in the way you mentioned above.Many thanks.Malcolm "Rooster" Hancock
I wish I could help Malcolm but I can't replicate the problem. I also use (and love) FlyTampa's KSFO - but I also have the Megascenery Northern California photoreal scenery. All I can tell you, which doesn't help you at all, is that I've never had a problem with it. But I have always found FlyTampa very responsive so I encourage you to go their forum and if there isn't already a fix, ask them about itAre you using the original FlyTampa AFCAD or one you have downloaded or modified?To check whether it's an elevation conflict, open your AFCAD for SFO and get the elevation (in meters) from the airport datum point. Then use JABBgl - a freeware utility - to open the KSFO airport file in the scenery/Namw/scenery folder and make sure it is the same as the AFCAD. If it isn't, adjust it to the same elevation as the AFCAD using JABBgl. (It will make an automatic backup so don't worry that you are going to create a monster)Good luckIan

To check whether it's an elevation conflict, open your AFCAD for SFO and get the elevation (in meters) from the airport datum point. Then use JABBgl - a freeware utility - to open the KSFO airport file in the scenery/Namw/scenery folder and make sure it is the same as the AFCAD. If it isn't, adjust it to the same elevation as the AFCAD using JABBgl. (It will make an automatic backup so don't worry that you are going to create a monster)Thanks for your reply Ian thats exactly what I want to do but thats my problem, I dont know how to. I'm a bit long in the tooth and when I first got my computor I looked for ages as to where you stoked the coal! LOL.gifBest regardsMalcolm

Malcolm Hancock

Superb scenery!For some reason FS9 crashes upon exit when I've been at CYVR. It says there was a fault in module "util.dll". No biggie, but there seems to be a bug somewhere.I had nothing better to do tonight, so I went through the textures and fixed the shimmering and also got rid of some stuttering that I had with the original textures.The texture folder was quite a mess I have to say. Lots of mixed 32bit, dxt3 and dxt1 and even dxt3 without alpha, which is a big NO-NO.They're all mipmapped and converted to DXT1 & DXT3 now and It's really smooth, getting constant 60fps and no stutters.Uploading the modified textures to Megaupload right now, I'll post the link in a minute :)

Neumanix,You should not upload any of those textures without the express permission of J. Gabberrt, as noted in the EULA.TXT file included in the download.Regards,

Graeme Butler