Sign in to follow this  
Arnaud

CYVR Vancouver released

...Also, if you are using the WoAI Traffic_000_WoA_Air Canada Jazz_Su10 file and you find your Dash-8 200's with strange prop textures, simply delete the prop textures in the aircraft WoA_TFS_Dash8-200 texture folders and substitute the USAX prop textures...Ian
Thank you, Ian! Just this morning, when I landed, I noticed those black square prop textures on an Air Canada Jazz airplane holding short of the runway.

Alexander Alonso

Uploading the modified textures to Megaupload right now, I'll post the link in a minute
Thanks a lot! thumbsup2.gif

Sorry, I didn't read the EULA, so I decided to remove the link for now. I'll have to check with the developer first.

Thank you, Ian! Just this morning, when I landed, I noticed those black square prop textures on an Air Canada Jazz airplane holding short of the runway.
Glad to be of helpIan :(

Sorry, I didn't read the EULA, so I decided to remove the link for now. I'll have to check with the developer first.
Let us know if the dev. will give you permission please.I have been looking for a good CYVR scenery for a LONG time. This one looks excelent. Thank you

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Let us know if the dev. will give you permission please.I have been looking for a good CYVR scenery for a LONG time. This one looks excelent.Thank you
It is excellent. Other than the problem of texture bleed I mentioned earlier, I have had no issues at all. It is well-worth downloading it and trying it out - it's freeware after all. Great FPS, a very nice scenery and I'm hoping Oliver Pabst will add AES to itIan

The developers said they prefer if I don't upload the modified textures publicly but I suggested they make them available at their site.There are quite a few problems with the original textures, such as dxt3 without alpha channel that causes stuttering, so they need to fix that with an update anyway.

The developers said they prefer if I don't upload the modified textures publicly but I suggested they make them available at their site.There are quite a few problems with the original textures, such as dxt3 without alpha channel that causes stuttering, so they need to fix that with an update anyway.
Did they say why they didn't want you to upload the textures?? What was the issue???

neumanix...newmanix.... :Shocked:Sometimes one letter does make a difference. :(

Did they say why they didn't want you to upload the textures?? What was the issue???
No issue other than they want to have "control of their files".
neumanix...newmanix.... :Shocked:Sometimes one letter does make a difference. :(
Yep, even I get confused sometimes :( , but I was here first LOL.gif(oh boy, now we even have identical post counts)

Lol that is funny! At first I thought someone hacked my Avsim account! Can you post screenshots of the changes you made?

You wouldn't notice much difference in a screenshot. It's when you are moving and panning around that you notice the fixed shimmering and stuttering.

cant wait to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!maybe a cyvr-cyyz flight on board an ACA 767 tonight is in order :)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I took a double take on the names as well. Thought you had lost it and was having a conversation with yourself.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Hi All, RE: ConvImX Just a heads up - I haven't seen the scenery in question but you can modify the textures yourself - if you are semi-familiar with the process - via "ConvImX"... It does batch jobs - is "alpha" aware - and - does a decent job of fixing mipmap (moire effect - shimmering) issues as well... I've processed many airport sceneries and it works - definately noticable improvements... Make a backup of your textures first so you can roll back any changes you don't like... It's free and available from many sources - this is one... http://www.btinterne...wright/beta.htmRegards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7