Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

Hot Air balloon for FSX?

Okay maybe I'm the only one out there wondering, but why hasn't one of these great payware creators come up with a very cool hot air balloon "model" for FSX? With the advent of all these neat external programs (i.e. A2A) they could create realistic physics for the balloon no?It would be a neat way to explore all this great new scenery we have lately. Oh and not to mention a new challenge for us interested in this!

I'm in! I would buy that in a heartbeat! I'm also waiting until someone comes along with a skydiving module where you could load up say 5 or 6 of your friends in multi player and then have one player act as pilot and the rest skydive out with real parachute physics.

Ciao!

Oh and I know there is (one) freeware balloon in the library that is available for FSX, BUT I cannot seemto get it to work, and it is very basic. But haven't been able to get it working so not sure how realistic the flight dynamics are. It CAN be very challenging to fly a balloon! Must take winds into account, and the "lag" factor of heating/cooling the air in the balloon. Let alone trying to land one! Kind of like a helo but unpowered - so +1 on difficulty.

Not a Balloon, but something very different too is the Zeppelin NT for FSX. The Site and the Manual is in German only, but I think installing it is straightforward and the Manual has pictures with numbers and an english text of what switch is for what. Maybe you have fun with that one too?SiteDirect Download