Sign in to follow this  
dazzystar

TrackIR 4 FSX settings tips and tricks advice needed

Hi all,Seasons greeting everyone!For some reason I never seem to be able to get my TrackIR settings just right and thought if I explained my set up some kind person could shed some light and offer me some advice.I want bore you with the full technical spec of my rig, just the video end which comprises of a GTX 285 1GB connected via TH2GO digital edition to 3 x Samsung 24" T240 monitors.My eyes are around 36" - 39" from the centre monitor. I'm unable to gain any more distance as my flight joystick and table doesn't allow it (or should I say, my arms aren't long enough!)Now on to the problems / issues I have, in no particular order:1. When I look down in the cockpit to adjust TO trim for example, very often the TrackIR can't pick up my cap and therfore freezes.2. When panning around in the cockpit to view out the side windows, the speed is okay but the view is almost like I've had a little too much to drink. Hard to explain.Like everyone, I want as natural experience as possible. Can anyone help?ThanksD

Hi all,Seasons greeting everyone!For some reason I never seem to be able to get my TrackIR settings just right and thought if I explained my set up some kind person could shed some light and offer me some advice.I want bore you with the full technical spec of my rig, just the video end which comprises of a GTX 285 1GB connected via TH2GO digital edition to 3 x Samsung 24" T240 monitors.My eyes are around 36" - 39" from the centre monitor. I'm unable to gain any more distance as my flight joystick and table doesn't allow it (or should I say, my arms aren't long enough!)Now on to the problems / issues I have, in no particular order:1. When I look down in the cockpit to adjust TO trim for example, very often the TrackIR can't pick up my cap and therfore freezes.2. When panning around in the cockpit to view out the side windows, the speed is okay but the view is almost like I've had a little too much to drink. Hard to explain.Like everyone, I want as natural experience as possible. Can anyone help?ThanksD
HelloTry this guide, it was written for the v4 software but the info on the respose curves still applies to the V5 software.http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=384

Hi D,I am using the default FSX profile. Under "hotkeys", and then "precision" selected, I have unchecked the F7 hotkey (I like to use the F keys for my flaps. As far as the trackir sensor, it is placed on top of my monitor. I have it set off to the left so that it almost points directly at the sensor of the Track clip pro on my headset (this was a huge difference to me). Make sure there are no strong light sources behind you as they can interfere. In the cockpit in case I need a "lower" view, I raise my head a little bit, hold it, then press the F12 key. This tricks the track ir software so you can fudge your views a bit doing that. Thats about it. Good luck!

My TrackIR sensor is also placed top and to left and is central as in the TrackIR camera view. No string light sources, etc. It's not glitches I'm getting, apart from when the sensor loses track of the cap. I'm also forced to do the raise my head, F12 trick as well but feel I shouldn't.

I also have the sensor at the left (at the complete left, that is, so that it is 100% straight ahead of the clip!) but I also have it pointing down as much as possible. This way I can bend forward and look down and still keep the connection. So try to tilt the sensor forward more.

The hat clip worked like crap for me, my solution was to use the trackclip pro and ezdok. Now my simming views are similiar to AOA videos.

I have TrackIR5 with the track clip. I am not too fond of TrackIR and I sort of gave up on it. I can't get used to the "bounciness" (if that is a word) of it.

Paul Gugliotta

There are a few FSX profiles available for download at their forums. Once I loaded Seth's profile, I didn't really have to make anymore adjustments.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |