Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

Two major problems...

For an addon that's so widely praised, I must say I'm surprised to see these two problems, so I'm hoping that this is something that can be fixed...1) When I end a flight with the 737NGX, FSX is shoved over in the bottom right hand corner almost completely blank. I've seen this happen before, but it usually rights itself within a few seconds--here it does not and I have to close it with task manager.2) Loading flights does not work at all. When I load a saved flight, the aircraft is cold and dark, and the systems are so screwed up that absolutely nothing works--I can't turn on the battery (or anything else, for that matter) and when I try to open the FMC panel, it opens a radio selector panel from the center pedestal, just to name a couple.Do these have fixes?

What is your name?Does the tutor flight work?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Can you paste some screenshots?Any errors in the windows event log?Did you update to SP1 before this happened? If so, look for the post regarding resetting the ini files.Please add your name to the posts as this is mandatory.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Yeah, sorry about that. I have my name in my signature now.I just bought it today, so is the service pack not included in the download? (I'm new to PMDG, I just assumed it would be)Speaking of errors, though, there is a quick error flashing at the top of the screen saying that the destination for the .rte file could not be found. Could that be causing all of the problems?

Okay, I tried the tutorial flight and everything worked fine, so there's definitely something wrong with the .rte files I've been creating. I've been creating my .rte files with the Aivlasoft EFB. Could that be causing the problem

Bram,Hand key the same Aivlasoft route ... does it work?If you posted the route .. someone could try it with their Aivlasoft.

Best Regards,

The route goes from Salt Lake City to San Francisco. SID: EDETH1TRANS from SID: OALSTAR: MOD3Approach: ILS RWY 28RApproach TRANS: DUMBAThere are no enroute points

Hey all will get worked out soon. This is a beauty to fly. Now on to the meat and potatoes... Are you saving the flight plan from Aivlas EFB with SID and STAR already selected ?

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Yes, though when I load the .rte file into the NGX, only the last waypoint of the SID and OAL show up. I'm going to try inputting everything manually and see if it works.

If I remember correctly PMDG announced with SP1B the route can be generated by 3rd party programs but you need to leave the SID and STAR out. The SID and STAR needs to be entered manually...

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Okay, good to know.Anyway, I entered the flightplan manually and then saved with the aircraft pushed back from the gate and engines started. I got the flight to load, but after I un-paused the simulation, the engines shut off and quickly restarted. This was no problem until I saved mid-flight. The engines shut off and the plane fell about 1000 feet before it regained its thrust. Is there any way around this? Does this happen to anybody else?

Hmmm, sorry I could not help out.... I would say go over to PMDG support and submit a ticket. They are quick to respond and go the extra mile to help out. Understand it is the holidays so there might be a slight delay. Have you been able to load a flight plan manually without saving the plan and complete the flight? Hope you get it all sorted out soon....! She is a real joy to fly when all is working...!Best of luck...

5Take Care, Will Clark

Okay, good to know.Anyway, I entered the flightplan manually and then saved with the aircraft pushed back from the gate and engines started. I got the flight to load, but after I un-paused the simulation, the engines shut off and quickly restarted. This was no problem until I saved mid-flight. The engines shut off and the plane fell about 1000 feet before it regained its thrust. Is there any way around this? Does this happen to anybody else?
Did you also save the PMDG "panel state".

Best Regards,