Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Invisible walls...

Hi,I've been having a strange problem recently. I landed at SBRJ airport, which is quite challenging. I maintained the two white/two red PAPI lights pretty much perfectly. But just when I was above runway treshold, at about 50 feet, I suddenly slammed into the ground, really strange. So I watched the replay in FSRecorder, and I could see that I wasn't really low or something, my altitude was perfectly normal, my aircraft just slammed into the ground without a reason, this seems to be caused by some kind of invisible wall or something? I can remember that I had the exact same problem at KSFO a while ago.This problem happens both with the default scenery and also with the one from TropicalSim. I seems to be happening only at RWY20L and RWY20R. It also happens at takeoff if I don't leave the ground early enough.Could anyone help me with this???Thanks!Arjen

I think there's a fix for this but I can't remember it.Has to do with a terrain mesh issue I think. Try moving that slider to the left some.

I think there's a fix for this but I can't remember it.Has to do with a terrain mesh issue I think. Try moving that slider to the left some.
I have it set to 80. Don't you think increasing it would make the problem better? Because better detail in mesh would mean more accurate to real life... Not sure though...

I have experienced the same at KLGA rwy 22 iirc, also on a couple of the runways at Boston. I fixed it by changing my mesh resolution from the best possible to 18.

Does anybody also know a solution for this without using eye candy? I'm trying to search on Google for it, but I dunno what to search for? How do you call this FSX bug?

Increasing or decreasing the mesh resolution is not likely to change the performance of your sim. You can safely use your current settings and tweaks with a different mesh resolution