Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Found interesting temp fix for depiction issue

Hi and Merry Christmas,By using the flight plan feature I am getting consistent accurate and complete depiction now. I need to test this more but right now I am on a flight from CYQB to KHOU and am over the area north of the great lakes and I have never seen it look so good. Yes I am above a warm front with very accurate and complete depiction and overcast leaving CYQB, heavy snows, accurate tops and multiple layers. I always usually use the flight plan feature but what is unusual is that on the flight from KLGA to CYQB I had massive disappearance problems and I used the flight plan.For some reason in the last few days when I test with no FP I have depiction and disappearance issues on a grand scale but when I use the FP I do not. Have tested at same airport and time and it is a night and day difference. There is still a problem no doubt but try it and you may have a temporary fix going untill they can patch this thing for us.

Never mind. When I got to KHOU it was reported 900 ovc and yet there was a big hole of blue around the airport. I give up.