Sign in to follow this  
derianc

How to transfer info from Flightaware into a PMDG FPL/CoRoute?

Hello everyone and merry Christmas!I ran into a problem today while trying to take this flight plan here: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL858/history/20111224/1155Z/KTPA/KMIA into a PMDG rte file that I can save and use as a COROUTE. I usually use simroutes.com as a middle-man to make the rte. file for me but since their AIRAC is 600 something, and this specific DEP SID and ARR STAR aren't on their site to generate a route, I can't quite figure out how to make the route from flightaware which I posted above, into a usable COROUTE for the 737...So, does anyone have any ideas? Or will I have to manually enter the route?

It would take about 10 keystrokes to enter that "manually" into the FMC, on the route page, a good exercise, then you know exactly what is in there. Additionally, the current SP1b will not allow you import runways and STARs & SIDs in any case. So even if you imported a route (from an external source) you would still have to enter these in.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

I understand that I can't import runways, STARS & SIDS, but either way i'll have to do it manually then I guess. Oh and I also use Radar Contact, so how would I go about for that?

Try this... get vroute, the free version. You can create a flight plan and export it to FSX. Then go to Flightsim.com and do a file search for pmdgfpconv.zip It's a flight plan converter to convert FSX .pln files to PMDG .rte files. It works, I've tried it. :)

here is what I do: I copy the route from flight aware then paste it info FSbuild add the start and destinations. Build then I export to FSINN, FXS ,PMDG 737 . I use the FSX file to import into Active weather 2012.works great.Good luck,Don Emerson

Good thoughts but George's idea is a lot better since I get to choose the AIRAC on Vroute for free and it all works out perfectly.

Good thoughts but George's idea is a lot better since I get to choose the AIRAC on Vroute for free and it all works out perfectly.
I find it kind of important to have the FSX flight plan and the PMDG flight plan both loaded at the start, that way if you're using default ATC, they will be on the same page as you. I don't fly online so I suppose in that case it wouldn't matter. :)