Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

New beta 290.53 Nvidia Drivers with Frame limiter built in..

Read the Guru3D forum chat here. Limiter is first mentioned on around page 4http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=356013I for one am really excited by this. At this stage it must be enabled thru Nvidia Inspector - yet to download and try it out because I am on duty - but when I get home...I hope it means the end of using an external FPS limiter??Lets hope it works and the driver is not going to disadvantage FSX GraphicallyAnybody else tried it yet?Ray

Thanks Ray!I installed 290.53 the day it came out, but didn't notice this addition.Just did quick test and from what i could see it works flawlessly.Bye, bye, antilag's d3d9.dll ;)

Regards,

Radek

I wonder if this limiter has the same disadvantage as all other limiters has: blurries. I've been a fan of the limiter for a very long time until I found out that the scenery is updated a LOT better without an external limiter... I've been using the ingame limiter ever since. FSX maybe isn't just as smooth all the time as with an external limiter, but at least I have a lot more crispy textures now!

Is it posible to change the frame rate on the fly or is it fixed?

I wonder if this limiter has the same disadvantage as all other limiters has: blurries. I've been a fan of the limiter for a very long time until I found out that the scenery is updated a LOT better without an external limiter... I've been using the ingame limiter ever since. FSX maybe isn't just as smooth all the time as with an external limiter, but at least I have a lot more crispy textures now!
Blurries are still there.
Is it posible to change the frame rate on the fly or is it fixed?
I don't think so. You set the fps using Inspector.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Where can I download Nvidia Inspector 1.9.5.7?
I just opened NVI and it had a shortcut on the fist page itself. A click on the shortcut, a quick download then auto installation finished it up without missing a beat.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Well, had a chance to play with this briefly this morning before going on duty.Set the FPS Limiter inside NvidiaInspector using the modded profiles to 30 FPS.Booted up FSX with using the Batch file so it is running as stockSet FSX internal Frame rate to unlimited.My initial findings are that it doesn't seem to work as i expected.The unlimited fps hovered around 30 FPS initially, then would occasionaly jump up to 49 and 52 FPS. This is less than the wild swings I would normally get using the unlimited settings, but nonetheless, didn't lock at 30 FPS either.I think a little bit more of fiddling is required here before I give up. I mean I might just dive into the FSX.CFG and take out the bufferpools line etc - you all know the drill...Anybody else had a try with any better success?

same here, FPS fluctuate around 25-38, I am guessing this is due to the multi threads running

Strange guys, i'm haven't noticed any problems yet. It holds solid 30 fps for me. BP=0, AffinityMask and numerous other tweaks.

Regards,

Radek

Only limited tries here. But, at 30 FPS it seemed pretty well locked at that setting. Then I tried 35 and I saw wild swings. Also noticed micro stutters, though again literally have only had a few minutes of trials . . .

Joe Lorenc

Great news! The new Inspector works perfectly with the 285.62 drivers. I have been using them since their release. This means that the limiter is within Inspector, not the latest driver.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

{That's what I suspected. Another internet/forum fubar.}Some misunderstanding here - I can see how my subject header would have confused users and is misleading. - but if you read thru the Guru3d link you would have understood what they are talking about . - The limiter is now available within Nvidia Inspector with the downloadable mod profile. ******* has confirmed it works with the 285.62 drivers - so how is that a fubar? -*******, I am pleased it appears to work with the 285.62. I have some work to do to get things stable on the 290.53's.And I am a little disappointed with the latest video drivers as far as FSX goes. The drivers while working fine, tend to give a fuzzy appearance to everthing - not quite as sharp or crisp as earlier drivers - I have noticed this actually in all the 290.xx drivers I have tried. The benefits of the 290.53's appear more for BF3 and Skyrim, both of which I have and appear to have ironed out issues with earlier drivers and also increase FPS with them, getting rid of artifacts within BF3 especially. From FSX point of view, I probably should go back to the 285.62's but just know I will have issues with skyrim and BF3... caught between a rock and a hard place...