Sign in to follow this  
tull

FSX installation question?

Got myself a new pc, I installed FSX and then bought the 737 Ngx and installed it without an hitch and everything is running beautiful, it really is. But afterwards i read in the manuel that I should have installed FSX directly into my C: drive rather than through the usual root were FSX installs, C: program files etc so my question is should I do a reinstallation of FSX and install into the correct directory as pmdg reccommends even though everything is working just great we're it is installed at the moment??RegardsPaul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

Got myself a new pc, I installed FSX and then bought the 737 Ngx and installed it without an hitch and everything is running beautiful, it really is. But afterwards i read in the manuel that I should have installed FSX directly into my C: drive rather than through the usual root were FSX installs, C: program files etc so my question is should I do a reinstallation of FSX and install into the correct directory as pmdg reccommends even though everything is working just great we're it is installed at the moment??RegardsPaul EGCC
Hi if it running good for u now than no need to change it u mite occur some problems down the line if you want to add addons etc where u mite find some troubles, some one will chime in here with a better explannation.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

HiI have had FSX installed both ways, default in the C:Program Files (86) and as C:FSX and both installations worked fine for me, so "don't fix anything if it's not broken". Unfortunately I have to tell you that sooner or later you will have to reinstall your FSX, as most of us have been doing several times, so wait until than and install FSX as C:FSX or on a separate drive.Jackthe Swede in Spain

Simply uninstall FSX via Add/Remove Programms. Then make a folder in your C:/ drive, where you want to install FSX in. So call it FSX whatever. Now reinstall FSX, and on startup of the installation window, click "More Options...", and there you can change the installation folder. Change it to C:/FSX. Now install it and you're done!

No need to do that just because.It is a good practice for any future install though. Gets rid of some problems that new Windows versions (Vista and 7) create by being so paranoid about Program Files folder.

If you want the ultimate in performance your best bet is to have a dedicated hard drive just for FSX and other FS related Addons. 2 Drives are always better than one, because both can be accessed at the same time.