Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Help with FSUIPC profiles

I have set up my fsuipc (registered) with the pmdg ngx in mind to work with my pfc hardware. My issue is I went into fsuipc and set up all these joystick calibrations, axis assignments, etc... and did not make it specific to the ngx. Now I want to buy the pmdg md11 but as that has 3 engines, my hardware will not workk with it in the current config. My question is, can I go into fsuipc and make my current setup specific to the ngx and then do another one for the md11? Will some kind soul please explain in a step by step process how this is done. I am afraid of messing up all the work I did in getting the ngx to right with my hardware.

Eric 

I have set up my fsuipc (registered) with the pmdg ngx in mind to work with my pfc hardware. My issue is I went into fsuipc and set up all these joystick calibrations, axis assignments, etc... and did not make it specific to the ngx. Now I want to buy the pmdg md11 but as that has 3 engines, my hardware will not workk with it in the current config. My question is, can I go into fsuipc and make my current setup specific to the ngx and then do another one for the md11? Will some kind soul please explain in a step by step process how this is done. I am afraid of messing up all the work I did in getting the ngx to right with my hardware.
You can edit the FSUIPC4.ini file to change the various entries to add the aircraft-specific name fromthe "title=" entry of the aircraft.cfg file for the pmdg ngxYou should make sure the line: ShortAircraftNameOk=Yes IS set to YES (defailt is No ) in the General section of the ini fileso that your aircraft-specific entries will apply to all repaints. Use the "least common denominator" of the text in thetittle= entries for the aircraft.Below are the headings for my A2A B-17G, of which I have 30 or 40 paints. The substring Boeing B-17G is the first characters in all ofthe title blocks.[Axes.Boeing B-17G][buttons.Boeing B-17G][Keys.Boeing B-17G][JoystickCalibration.Boeing B-17G] Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Thanks paul, im in th same situation as the op so will try your suggestions.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Ok Paul thanks, I think I got what your saying. Do you have multiple setups in your fsuipc with different aircraft? Could you post it so I can use it as a guide?

Eric 

Guest jahman

It's easier than you think. See John Cook's FSUIPC Guide. On the image of the "Axis Assignment" tab on p. 2 you see a checkbox "Aircraft Specific?". If you check that checkbox, the assignment will be specific to the urrently loaded aircraft. Works for buttons and keys as well as for joystick axis.Cheers,- jahman.

Hey there, Mr Jahman! Compliments of the season! I had a great idea, after reading John's (pretty darned good) tutorial. There's another one on the weeeb somewhere - SimSamurai - I have that one as well - but both of them are overly specific to the CH product... I have used it with my setup, and always seem to have difficulty when it comes to the calibration part. How would you like to do a tute on the setup for the ordinary controllers? (Please?) :wink:All the Best for the New Year!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

You can edit the FSUIPC4.ini file to change the various entries to add the aircraft-specific name fromthe "title=" entry of the aircraft.cfg file for the pmdg ngxYou should make sure the line: ShortAircraftNameOk=Yes IS set to YES (defailt is No ) in the General section of the ini fileso that your aircraft-specific entries will apply to all repaints. Use the "least common denominator" of the text in thetittle= entries for the aircraft.Below are the headings for my A2A B-17G, of which I have 30 or 40 paints. The substring Boeing B-17G is the first characters in all ofthe title blocks.[Axes.Boeing B-17G][buttons.Boeing B-17G][Keys.Boeing B-17G][JoystickCalibration.Boeing B-17G] Paul
I would point out that the NGX aircraft titles put in place by the PMDG installer do not lend themselves to using the substring match enabled by ShortAircraftNameOK=Yes, as they don't follow a uniform naming convention.To make my aircraft-specific assignment work for all of my NGX variations, I went in to the aircraft.cfg files for all the PMDG variants and changed all the title= lines for my installed liveries to have a uniform starting string: "PMDG Boeing 737..." and then set the Axes, Buttons, Keys, and JoystickCalibration as Paul suggests to:Axes.PMDG Boeing 737Buttons.PMDG Boeing 737etcYou'll also want to save the aircraft.cfg files and remember to transfer the fltsim.xxx sections after a PMDG update and/or livery reinstall, as they tend to wipe out the aircraft.cfg files as part of the update.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest jahman
Hey there, Mr Jahman! Compliments of the season! I had a great idea, after reading John's (pretty darned good) tutorial. There's another one on the weeeb somewhere - SimSamurai - I have that one as well - but both of them are overly specific to the CH product... I have used it with my setup, and always seem to have difficulty when it comes to the calibration part. How would you like to do a tute on the setup for the ordinary controllers? (Please?) :wink:All the Best for the New Year!
Hi, Paul!You are not alone: Calibration is sometimes tricky until you get the hang of it. Then once you do and you get your calibrations right, you don't go there so you forget how it's done :Big Grin:Unfortunately I only have the CH Products line of controllers, so I wouldn't know where they differ from "standard" gear.That said, the CH controllers are extremely basic in terms of their features, so the John Cook tutorial I suspect would apply 99% to non-CH gear.The one area where I suspect might be CH-specific and you could find a difference is in programming the reverse zones for the Throttle Quadrant (A, B, C, and D on the "throttle positions" image at the bottom right on p. 4).I would be happy to assist you in calibrating your gear and see where the dificulties might lie. Then we could review those difficult spots and compose an addendum that could be added to the "Tips and Tricks" sub-forum. Perhaps we should move to a new thread for this?Happy new year to you too! :Party:Cheers,- jahman.

I admit I haven't tried this, but I think if all your general assignments are correct for the PMDG if you open the fsuipc window in FSX and on the assignment tabs check "aircraft specific" fsuipc will ask if you want to copy all your general assignments over, so that might be an option. But since it sounds like your general assignments are really only good for NGX, it probably is better to do the edit of the fsuipc4.ini as shown previously.scott s..