Sign in to follow this  
giodoca

How to start again FMC from scratch after tutorial

I started NGX tutorial 1 and saved fsx flight. Now I load the flight again but If I would start tutorial from scratch how to delete all previous FMC operations.There is a flash FMC way?Thanksgiodoca

if you load a situation (short turn or long turn) that should reset FMC.

Also try turning the flight directors off an then on again when doing a return leg or second leg. This wipes the fmc of it current flight plan

Gavin Price

Also try turning the flight directors off an then on again when doing a return leg or second leg. This wipes the fmc of it current flight plan
Interesting. Is that a NGX thing?

Matt Cee

I started NGX tutorial 1 and saved fsx flight. Now I load the flight again but If I would start tutorial from scratch how to delete all previous FMC operations.There is a flash FMC way?Thanksgiodoca
Just go to the DEP/ARR page and enter the airports again.Fred.

Interesting. Is that a NGX thing?
I think so yes, I remember reading it on the forum somewhere, ages ago though so couldn't show where I read it from.

Gavin Price

That's not true - FD cycling wipes the AP modes, not the FMC.The FMC gets reset after a certain amount of time (I think it's 40 seconds or something like that) of wheels on the ground after landing.You can reset the route by just double clicking the ORIGIN field at 1R on the RTE page 1. There's no way to reset the PERF INIT stuff without cutting power to the FMC, but you can just enter new values and it'll update and use those just fine.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That's not true - FD cycling wipes the AP modes, not the FMC.The FMC gets reset after a certain amount of time (I think it's 40 seconds or something like that) of wheels on the ground after landing.You can reset the route by just double clicking the ORIGIN field at 1R on the RTE page 1. There's no way to reset the PERF INIT stuff without cutting power to the FMC, but you can just enter new values and it'll update and use those just fine.
Ah ok, Not sure where I read that then.

Gavin Price