Sign in to follow this  
Capt Craig

New System Requirements/Recommendations Please

Hi there....happy holidays.I am going to buy a new system that is pretty much just to fly Microsoft Flight Sim X (or anything that comes along newer)Would you please tell me what I need to run the program at full capacity. I dont want to have to scale things down to get better performance. Is there a set of specs. that you can recommend that will run it really well? Appreciate advice for all components including power, cooling to monitor etc.Someone suggested a Falcon North West System. Im open to all suggestions.Thanks so much!Craig

Hi there....happy holidays.I am going to buy a new system that is pretty much just to fly Microsoft Flight Sim X (or anything that comes along newer)Would you please tell me what I need to run the program at full capacity. I dont want to have to scale things down to get better performance. Is there a set of specs. that you can recommend that will run it really well? Appreciate advice for all components including power, cooling to monitor etc.Someone suggested a Falcon North West System. Im open to all suggestions.Thanks so much!Craig
HelloDon't buy, build it yourself you will get a better machine that way.My i5 2500K does really well with FSX, just make sure that whatever sandybridge chip you get is a K series as you are going to need to overclock any chip to get really good performance out of FSX.Stay away from ATI graphics cards for FSX, Nvidia is much better for this sim.Do not buy a cheap power supply, get something from Seasonic, Antec, or Corsair.Check out the results in this chart for an idea of the top performing hardware for FSXhttps://docs.google....=CMSSocoI#gid=0

Thanks for the feedback....do you think I could build a great system online with Dell? I'm really not a tech. guy so wouldn't want to be turning the screwdriver. How do we "overclock" the card?Thx

Guest firehawk44
Thanks for the feedback....do you think I could build a great system online with Dell? I'm really not a tech. guy so wouldn't want to be turning the screwdriver. How do we "overclock" the card?Thx
If you're not that comfortable building your own system, I would look at one of the Jetline systems http://www.jetlinesystems.com/store/. They build systems for you just for Flight Simulators. I would look at the Hellfire GT1. It's customizable so you can have it built to whatever you want.Best regards,JimI might add you should also look over at the Hardware Forum here at AVSIM as there are all kinds of people trying to build systems or buy new systems just like you and are asking for input from fellow Flight Simmers.Best regards,Jim