Sign in to follow this  
MD11Captain

McPhat textures look somewhat average?

Hi there,I was given the FSX edition of the MD-11 for Christmas (I've had the awesome FS9 one for ages) :) and remembered that ages ago I downloaded the McPhat freeware AA texture (don't know why), I installed it having become very excited by the pictures, but with the exception of the engines and vertical stabiliser, it only looks marginaly better than the default textures.I've attached pictures, first of the default paint, and then of the McPhat one (which is at a slightly different angle to show a beautiful engine).The reason I post this, is not because I doubt the quality of McPhat, but think something has gone wrong, I am also wondering how to re-download the livery, because I can't work out how to do so on their site; I go to freeware>PMDG>MD-11, but can't find a link...Thanks for your help,CharlieP.S. I really think this is my problem, because having looked at the texture folder, they are stupidly clear...Also-I have tried with and without DX10 preview and have moved many sliders all the way to the right to try and rectify the problem, but to no evail

Charlie Reed

i9 9900K | 32GB RAM | RTX 3090

Make sure your texture max load is set to 4096. To download the installer go to freeware>PMDG>MD-11, then click the MD-11 text, then the available freeware will appear.

Make sure your texture max load is set to 4096. To download the installer go to freeware>PMDG>MD-11, then click the MD-11 text, then the available freeware will appear.
How do I do this?Sorry for the ignorance :Worried:No worries, worked it out...Okay, that's done it-they look soooooo sexy :)

Charlie Reed

i9 9900K | 32GB RAM | RTX 3090

Go to C:Users*Yourname*AppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX (Replace *Yourname* with your username), then open the file named fsx.cfg (open with notepad). Then search for TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD, you then should be able to find a line with TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= if that line is not set to 4096, please do so.

Beside's the above advice, you need to register at McPhat's website in order to see the download links beside each freeware livery.