Sign in to follow this  
ZachLW

New Case (Corsair 650D)/Sleeving Kit

Well, Santa was good to me this year. After the new Bose headset, blu-ray burner, and kick &@($* electric razor I got had been used, played with, or gawked at I realized I had a ton of Best Buy gift cards to spend.Product options for the computer geeks like most of us regulars in this forum are limited at Best Buy, but I've found something I've been wanting to pull the trigger on for a while: The Corsair 650D mid-tower case. A mid-tower is right up my ally; It fits in beside my desk and the Corsair cases look cla$$y (I like simple non l33t cases)... Anyone got opinions, concerns, horror stories, or etc for this case? Or even other things I should spend my gift cards on? The 650D is actually cheaper on BestBuy.com than at the Egg, so I'm thinking it's a go.Next in the shopping cart is either a black or UV blue system cable sleeving kit. I'm a neat freak, and cable management is no exception. I've also always tried to keep a Blue/Black them with each computer build (my last Sabertooth X58 mobo being the only exception) Anyway, my experience with these kits is non-existent. I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of system cable kits that are affordable. I only need to wrap the system cables, not the PSU cables.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Just know you will probably have noise issues with the front fan. Just look on corsairs forums to see what I mean. No big deal, though. Wish I had more time to share, but just get the case. It's amazing!be sure to see my photos in the pictures thread.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Just know you will probably have noise issues with the front fan. Just look on corsairs forums to see what I mean. No big deal, though. Wish I had more time to share, but just get the case. It's amazing!be sure to see my photos in the pictures thread.
Thanks Corey. I knew you had one, and actually referred to that thread because I couldn't remember if you had posted pictures post or pre-650D. If you remember, I had told you that either the 800D or 650D was going to be mine during another post of yours.Anywho; As far as the fan noise goes, not an issue. I'll fix it myself. (I mod my cases to my liking anyway)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

All it takes is cutting out the front fan grill. Even if you do a crummy job, it will be hidden anyway. Otherwise, a different fan may fix the issue. As long as you have a little self motivation, you will be fine. Still, I hope corsair learns from the experience.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Hey GuysAny tips on the best way to arrange the fans to push/pull the air through the case?
I'm rabidly defensive of my threads. Go start your own. LOL.gifSeriously this topic can be found throughout the forum. Simply put, intake bottom and front, exhaust top and rear. It can't get much simpler.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Have the case, love it. Buy it now.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Have the case, love it. Buy it now.
Done!
For your sleeving, take a look here: http://www.frozencpu...e_SKIT2-UB.html
Thanks for the link. I had been eying that exact kit, but ended up going with the expensive but pretty MDPC kit. I should be able to get around to the job around the end of next month. I'll post pics!http://en.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-sleeve/sleeve-kits-+-tools/sleeve-kits/mdpc-christmas-sleeve-kit.htm

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Seriously this topic can be found throughout the forum. Simply put, intake bottom and front, exhaust top and rear. It can't get much simpler.
With the Corsair H80 cooler specifically, Corsair actually recommends the rear fan to suck air into the case! Anyway, I am also very satisfied with the case although it's not as quiet as I would have hoped for, but it's a gaming computer anway so there will be other noises too... The only slight issue I have with the case is that it gets very easily scratched. But all the cable arrangement works very well and my computer has never looked as good!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Thanks Krister! Somehow I missed your post. I've actually decided to hold off on the case. I'm wanting something bigger. The 800D is my goal, but I can't quit afford that now thanks to the anniversary dinner (we're talking serious dining here) I have to take my GF on and an unplanned personal flight to Florida I'm footing the bill for... Money%20Eyes.gifFor the same reason, I also decided against my originally intended cable sleeving kit by MDPC for the blue "professional" kit offered over at Frozen CPU (one of my favorite sites). I'm going to sleeve every cable. PSU, SATA, Front Panel, USB, Fans. Yeah, it should be a royal pain in the &@($*.I'll give an update in this forum next week with before and afters. Should make for a pretty case.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks Krister! Somehow I missed your post. I've actually decided to hold off on the case. I'm wanting something bigger. The 800D is my goal, but I can't quit afford that now thanks to the anniversary dinner (we're talking serious dining here) I have to take my GF on and an unplanned personal flight to Florida I'm footing the bill for... Money%20Eyes.gifFor the same reason, I also decided against my originally intended cable sleeving kit by MDPC for the blue "professional" kit offered over at Frozen CPU (one of my favorite sites). I'm going to sleeve every cable. PSU, SATA, Front Panel, USB, Fans. Yeah, it should be a royal pain in the &@($*.I'll give an update in this forum next week with before and afters. Should make for a pretty case.
Good luck with your girlfriend and the flight! Hope you enjoy yourselves! :)A *royal* pain in the &@($*. LOL