Sign in to follow this  
jdwgraf

Wilco Harrier GR3 paints

I recently purchased the Wilco Harrier Jump GR3 with a view to making some repaints . As I had been stationed at RAF Wittering in the early 70's and was ofcourse the home of 1 squadron which flew the Harrier ( although at that time it was the GR1 ) . To my surprise although one of the textures was marked as being a repaint of a 1 sqn aircraft , the badge was 4 sqn . Searching the internet it became clear that most aircraft " served " with other squadrons during their " carreer " , the only difference being the code on the tailfin .Have made a start on " improving " the paint kit , as a lot of detail is " missing ' with regards to lines and access panels and the texture mapping has limitations too .Below are a preview of paints that I am working on at the moment being XW768 , XV778 both 1 sqn and XZ129 in 899 markings with more to follow .xw7681.jpgxw7682.jpgxw7683.jpgxv7781.jpgxv7782.jpgxv7783.jpgxz1291.jpgxz1292.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.usThese are very much " WORKS IN PROGRESS " and the finished paints could end up totally different to the screens above .John

Two more Harriers , XV738 of 4 Sqn in an experimental paintscheme of Dark Sea Grey and Medium Sea Grey undersides and XV809 of 3 Sqn painted in Dark Green and Light Aircraft Grey , this was later used on the GR5 and the XV738 version became the paintscheme for the GR7 and GR9 variants .XV738 IV Squadron circa 1984xv7381.jpgxv7382.jpgxv7384.jpgxv7385.jpgXV809 3 Squadron circa 1984xv8091.jpgxv8093.jpgxv8094.jpgxv8095.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.usStill working on the texture mapping as there are some " weird " sections , one being the flaps as one of them is " mirrored " on both the upper and lower wing surface .John

Update on paints ,XV738/B 4SQN RAF Gutersloh 1984 for Operation Match-Coatxv738.jpgXV809/AF 3SQN RAF St Athan 1984 for Operation Match-Coatxv809.jpgXV758/V 3SQN RAF Gutersloh 1989xv758.jpgXV760/K 3SQN RAF Gutersloh 1989xv760.jpgXV778/16 1SQN RAF Wittering 1979 for detachment in Norwayxv778.jpgxz993 4SQN RAF Gutersloh 1989xz993.jpgZD670/3A 1417 Flight Belize ( British Honduras ) 1987zd670.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.usJohn

Just uploaded some 18 repaints for Wilco's Harrier covering all squadrons . Search for BAe Harrier or my name .John Glanville

So have these repaints been released? If so then where can i download them??

Also just one request about the Sea Harrier, can someone please make an Indian Navy repaint in grey for the Sea Harrier please?? Like this one below?? :)

Harrier_land_Malabar_2007.jpg

The paints shown above are here in the library ( separate log in ) , search using my name ( John Glanville ) , Harrier , GR3 etc .

Can't help with the Indian Navy Harrier , don't have the Wilco Harrier installed anymore as the interest was basically zero ( same applies to the amount of downloads ) .

John Glanville