Sign in to follow this  
shane_IT

My new system build

Hi guys,Over the past couple weeks I've researched and put together a list of components I will be ordering within the next week or two. You're thinking this oughta be good.... right? This guy doesn't know what he's doing.......My last system build was done at the time when the 3700+ AMD just came out, and it was the new talk....... that was a few years ago... So I've had some catching up to do, but I think I've narrowed it down... I'm just wondering what the general feedback is from fellow simmers on this system... I think it should do OK, I don't really play a lot of MSFS anymore due to my outdated rig, but I will use this computer for a variety of different games.Here's a list of the components. I'll be specific.Coolermaster Storm Scout SGC-2000 case (8.40" wide for the CPU cooler)Coolermaster Hyper 212 PlusOCZ ZS 750W PSUAsus P8P67 EVO rev 3.0Intel i7 2600kMushkin Redline "Enhanced" 2x4GB 7-8-7-24EVGA Superclocked GTX 570Seagate Barracuda 1TB 64mb cacheI've tried to keep this build around $1500cdn due to personal limitations.. Just don't think I can justify spending much more/and don't really have it to spend...Do you guys think this will be a good combination? I'd like to just keep it at around 4.5GHZ so it'll last another few years. I did look into the new Z68 platforms but I can't really see myself needing the iGPU features or the SSD caching, and this board seems to have been really reliable for the people who've used it.Let me know what you think please.Thanks,Shane

Hi guys,Over the past couple weeks I've researched and put together a list of components I will be ordering within the next week or two. You're thinking this oughta be good.... right? This guy doesn't know what he's doing.......My last system build was done at the time when the 3700+ AMD just came out, and it was the new talk....... that was a few years ago... So I've had some catching up to do, but I think I've narrowed it down... I'm just wondering what the general feedback is from fellow simmers on this system... I think it should do OK, I don't really play a lot of MSFS anymore due to my outdated rig, but I will use this computer for a variety of different games.Here's a list of the components. I'll be specific.Coolermaster Storm Scout SGC-2000 case (8.40" wide for the CPU cooler)Coolermaster Hyper 212 PlusOCZ ZS 750W PSUAsus P8P67 EVO rev 3.0Intel i7 2600kMushkin Redline "Enhanced" 2x4GB 7-8-7-24EVGA Superclocked GTX 570Seagate Barracuda 1TB 64mb cacheI've tried to keep this build around $1500cdn due to personal limitations.. Just don't think I can justify spending much more/and don't really have it to spend...Do you guys think this will be a good combination? I'd like to just keep it at around 4.5GHZ so it'll last another few years. I did look into the new Z68 platforms but I can't really see myself needing the iGPU features or the SSD caching, and this board seems to have been really reliable for the people who've used it.Let me know what you think please.Thanks,Shane
HelloSwap the 2600K for a 2500K and put the difference towards a Seasonic PSU, the 2600K will do nothing for FSX

Yeah, swap out the 2600k for the i5 2500k and get a more reliable psu. That OCZ psu has gotten good reviews, but other brands such as seasonic and corsair offer more reliability over OCZ.

I don't know, I've never had a problem with OCZ PSU's but I run the older 450w models.... Didn't realize they went down hill.. thanks. Why downgrade to the i5? Like I said, I need this system for atleast 6 years? I'm sure there will be programs that come out from now and till then that will benefit from the i7?

The ram I have in my "wishlist" is now OUT OF STOCK!..... It probably won't be in stock by the time I'm ready to order as I patiently await my C/C to come in the mail... Is there any other ram that will work just as well? What about this? Gets good reviews, I realize the timings are different than the Munchkinhttp://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-314&SortField=2&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

The ram I have in my "wishlist" is now OUT OF STOCK!..... It probably won't be in stock by the time I'm ready to order as I patiently await my C/C to come in the mail... Is there any other ram that will work just as well? What about this? Gets good reviews, I realize the timings are different than the Munchkinhttp://www.newegg.ca...#scrollFullInfo
Yeah, that will work well.

The ram I have in my "wishlist" is now OUT OF STOCK!..... It probably won't be in stock by the time I'm ready to order as I patiently await my C/C to come in the mail... Is there any other ram that will work just as well? What about this? Gets good reviews, I realize the timings are different than the Munchkinhttp://www.newegg.ca...#scrollFullInfo
Something quick! I just ordered some more of that RAM through a sale.(Use the promo code)http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/dec-0-2011/bestseller27/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122711&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122711-_-EMC-122711-Index-_-E0-_-ShopSaved me about $9...order it soon before the sale ends if you want it.

Danny

Something quick!I just ordered some more of that RAM through a sale.(Use the promo code)http://promotions.ne...dex-_-E0-_-ShopSaved me about $9...order it soon before the sale ends if you want it.
Is there any advantage to going with the Ripjaw X series over the above listed? Unfortunately the promo code doesn't work in my cart due to being north of the border..... and the dollar difference between the X and non X makes me wonder. Also, would I see any improvements going with DDR3 1866 ?