Sign in to follow this  
Mudhendriver

CTD when I click on standby attitude indicator (iFly 737NG/FS9)

Haven't had an issue at all with FS2Crew and iFly interface until today. For some reason when I click on standby indicator to start FS2Crew (button bar), I get a crash to desktop. I've unistalled/.reinstalled FS2Crew several times with no luck. I've tried all variations of 737NG as well. I've made sure iFly config menu has FS2Crew button enabled.Any thoughts? Thanks!Rich

Ok...so I uninstalled both FS2Crew and iFly v 2.0 then reinstalled and folllowed the FS2Crew installation steps---I have iFly config running with administrator/UAC etc turned off--as I said, never had a problem before. Now when I click on stanby ADI, I get nothing.Looking for help..thanks!

Hi,Did you double check the manual to ensure you're not missing a step?If the panel doesn't open it usually means the FS2Crew windows/gauges weren't added to the iFly's panel.cfg.As for the crash, it's probably associated with the Audio Engine.Put Flightsim into Windowed mode prior to loading the iFly (ALT ENTER to switch video modes) so you can see error messages.In most cases, audio engine problems are associated with:1. Users having sound editing programs running that strip DRM rights from digital music (like Sound Bite, Tune Bite, etc).2. Having two sound cards installed in parallel.3. Not letting the FS2Crew installer finish... don't click 'cancel'.Cheers,

BryanThanks...I did uninstall/reinstall a new sound driver for SB x-Fi....i ran driver sweeper and noticed the system retained the Realtek integrated sound driver, so I deleted that one....I believe you are correct in narrowing it to a sound audio issue accounting for the CTD after standby ADI was pressed.I will go back and reload old drivers and report back. Not sure why I was not getting the button box to work on the reinstall--I let it cook and did not cancel...and I reinstalled twice. Well, first thing first on the sound drivers--then I will address the other issue--Do you recommend unistalling FS2Crew completely, then reload sound drivers, then installing FS2?Rich

BryanSpent the better part of two days trying to fix this issue--I've uninstalled creative X-Fi extreme audio driver/reinstalled latest--went back to the old version--you name it, I've done it, to inlcude physically removing sound card then reseting it--reloading software from scratch etc. I follow the procedures as outlined in FS2Crew installation manual--step 1 assign prop de-ice to a button--step 2 assign prop synch to a button--then try standby ADI and I get nothing...this is killing me.Any suggestions at this point?Thanks

FYI,We fixed this.Problem was with the "latest" version of the Creative Labs X-Fi Extreme Audio Driver. The solution:1. Uninstall the latest driver.2. Re-install the "original" X-Fi Extreme Audio driver from the disk that came with your X-Fi Sound card.Cheers,