Sign in to follow this  
Capt Pugwash

NGX config for PAKT Ketchikan...?

Seasons greeting Guys from the UK, Santa brought me ORBX Ketchikan, I have been doing touch and go's in the Westjet 700 with winglets this afternoon, also ILS approachs that are great in heavy weather, but I would like to simulate the Alaska Airlines flights into PAKT, do any of you guys out there know what Alaska flies into PAKT with? and what specific config to use for the NGX?Also do any other Airlines NG 737's fly into Ketchikan?By the way this is an awesome airport/scenery, it's runway sits above the height of the terminal... So you have to negate uphill and downhill ramps on taxi...niceAnd guys are throwing suitcases into my hold...cool...

Rgds, Shaun

We primarily fly our 737-400's, 737-400 combies, and the 737-400 Freighter in and out of PAKT. There are some NG's that are scheduled during the day, but more so during the summer due to higher passenger loads. If you want to have a lot of fun, trying flying the milk runs scheduled in the morning and late afternoon. SEA-KTN-WRG-PSG-JNU-ANC in the morning, and reverse in the evening. You'll really want to get a copy of Tongass X installed for the WRG and PSG flights. We do substitute the -400 legs with a -700 from time to time, and its a blast to fly the NGX-700 on those mike runs while using the RNP into both WRG and PSG. No other airlines fly into SE Alaska other then Alaska Airlines. Only ANC and FAI have other carriers that serve them.

Seasons greeting Guys from the UK, Santa brought me ORBX Ketchikan, I have been doing touch and go's in the Westjet 700 with winglets this afternoon, also ILS approachs that are great in heavy weather, but I would like to simulate the Alaska Airlines flights into PAKT, do any of you guys out there know what Alaska flies into PAKT with? and what specific config to use for the NGX?Also do any other Airlines NG 737's fly into Ketchikan?By the way this is an awesome airport/scenery, it's runway sits above the height of the terminal... So you have to negate uphill and downhill ramps on taxi...niceAnd guys are throwing suitcases into my hold...cool...

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

the 'milk run' was exactly my plan for my salmon ngx. Maybe you could give us some more informaton. When/where do they refuel? Which approaches are usually used (vor/ndb or rnav)? Can i find those all on sites like skyvector or are they alaska airlines specific? Do they use the HGS also on the 734? Some answers to those questions would be highly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance! Regards, chris volle

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

We primarily fly our 737-400's, 737-400 combies, and the 737-400 Freighter in and out of PAKT. There are some NG's that are scheduled during the day, but more so during the summer due to higher passenger loads. If you want to have a lot of fun, trying flying the milk runs scheduled in the morning and late afternoon. SEA-KTN-WRG-PSG-JNU-ANC in the morning, and reverse in the evening. You'll really want to get a copy of Tongass X installed for the WRG and PSG flights. We do substitute the -400 legs with a -700 from time to time, and its a blast to fly the NGX-700 on those mike runs while using the RNP into both WRG and PSG. No other airlines fly into SE Alaska other then Alaska Airlines. Only ANC and FAI have other carriers that serve them.
Ryan, many thanks for the info, I have begun reading up on "the milk run" it sounds like a hectic flight schedule and great locations for flying my NGX into...certainly makes a change from my Gatwick to Faro back via Gibraltar run...

Rgds, Shaun

the 'milk run' was exactly my plan for my salmon ngx. Maybe you could give us some more informaton. When/where do they refuel? Which approaches are usually used (vor/ndb or rnav)? Can i find those all on sites like skyvector or are they alaska airlines specific? Do they use the HGS also on the 734? Some answers to those questions would be highly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance! Regards, chris volle
The fuel plan is normally to take on fuel in SEA and then maybe again in KTN. From there we normally don't take fuel again until JNU. It depends if PSG or WRG are forecast to be at or go below mins, and if so hold and diversion fuel may be added by dispatch. Alaska does have its own RNP approaches for WRG, PSG, SIT and of course JNU. KTN has an ILS X and Z approach that is published and should already be in the NGX FMC database. The -400s do have the HGS as well.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)