Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

Flightbeam KSFO- Bitter Experience

Tell me if this isn't a bitter way to end 2011. I purchased KSFO from Flightbeam 3 days ago, I installed it and got a message saying: "Your trial version will now begin." After a couple of minutes the message say the trial version has ended. I did NOT purchase a trial version! I uninstalled and re-isntalled (anti-virus off, and installed add-on manager from their site), and got the same problem but now to make it worst, large parts of textures (buildings and trees) are missing from my entire FSX everywhere I fly...Unbelievable! What a mess!--- I contacted Flightbeam support (twice) but to date I have not received any responds. Looks like I will need to reinstall my entire FSX along with all my add-ons; can you believe this mess? :( Or, does someone has any ideas how to resolve this? I will greatly appreciate it

Before you reinstall, wait for a response. Keep posting in their forums. It is the holidays and someone may be on vacation or something.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest firehawk44
Tell me if this isn't a bitter way to end 2011. I purchased KSFO from Flightbeam 3 days ago, I installed it and got a message saying: "Your trial version will now begin." After a couple of minutes the message say the trial version has ended. I did NOT purchase a trial version! I uninstalled and re-isntalled (anti-virus off, and installed add-on manager from their site), and got the same problem but now to make it worst, large parts of textures (buildings and trees) are missing from my entire FSX everywhere I fly...Unbelievable! What a mess!--- I contacted Flightbeam support (twice) but to date I have not received any responds. Looks like I will need to reinstall my entire FSX along with all my add-ons; can you believe this mess? :( Or, does someone has any ideas how to resolve this? I will greatly appreciate it
They use the same system as FS Dream Team. It's a trial version for 5 minutes then you have to purchase it or shut down FSX, restart and use the trial version again. When the trial version is finished, all buildings and stuff will be gone until you buy it. Go to the Menu and click on Addon Manager then enter the registration number provided you in a separate e-mail. It will be activated. Go Fly...Best regards,Jim

Just wondering, after you purchased did you get an email giving you the registration no.? Then you can enter the number using the "addon manager" in FSX. Make sure you have installedd the updated addon manager. Also you must be in the windowed mode to make it work. Hope this will help. Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

If you have not received any assistance I might be able to help you... It is the Holidays so it might be delayed a bit. Hang in there do not re-install FSX...

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

You should have received a purchase receipt immediately, it's being sent automatically by Esellerate so, if it hasn't reached you, either you entered a wrong email, or it went somewhere in the anti-spam.But you can retrieve it another copy yourself, by going to the Esellerate support site here:http://store.esellerate.net/supportYou can retrieve your Order History, by inserting the email you used to purchase the product, then press the "E-Mail Order History" button, this will give you your Order Number.If you want to know your Serial Number, which is what you need to activate the scenery, insert your Order Number and Email, then press the "Submit" button on the Esellerate support site: this will enter inside your Order Page, there's an option to see/print your original Email Receipt, that contains also your Serial Number.Once you have your Serial Number, go back to FSX, select FlightBeam KSFO in the Addon Manager menu and use the "Register Serial" option to activate it.

Also, when you install it, you should then restart FSX. I had a similar issue with FSDT's sceneries a while back.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just wondering, after you purchased did you get an email giving you the registration no.? Then you can enter the number using the "addon manager" in FSX. Make sure you have installedd the updated addon manager. Also you must be in the windowed mode to make it work. Hope this will help. Carl
Carl's right if you don't register the product number on the add-manger it will stay as a demo lol nevermind Umberto posted already. :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Chill jonny...it doesnt sound like all that bitter an experience to be honest. I think the topic of post is a bit overstated.You bought an airport.You didnt know how to install it.You posted here and got rapid support from the community and the dev, over rhe christmas holidays.Fwiw, i bought this airport on christmas eve as well. Top piece of software, highly recmmended.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Chill jonny...it doesnt sound like all that bitter an experience to be honest. I think the topic of post is a bit overstated.You bought an airport.You didnt know how to install it.You posted here and got rapid support from the community and the dev, over rhe christmas holidays.Fwiw, i bought this airport on christmas eve as well. Top piece of software, highly recmmended.
Hey OzWhitey, I finally got it working. I really didn't see any special instructions from the developer (as others do) on what other steps to follow after installation. In-any-case, it's installed correctly, now. Question: What fps are you getting at this airport. This is the only airport I am getting 8 fps..only 8 fps.

More than likely the issue is in front of the computer.

Eric 

IT all depends on your hardware, what are you system specs? I get around 30 with default planes.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

IT all depends on your hardware, what are you system specs? I get around 30 with default planes.
Hi Ryanbatcund,Well, it is strange cause I've heard most people saying they get good fps. In general I do get good fps almost anywhere else I fly...This includes heavy a/c and scenery add-ons.My Specs: Intel Intel 2600K @ 4.70 Ghz, Liquid cooled, Nvidia 580, Windows 64bit, 8 Gigs of RAM @ 8-8-8-24 (1600mhz), Double WD 300Gg 10rpm HD; Bojote's tweaks, EFL set at 30 (and within FSX set to Unlimited)...And I set my FSX settings at 3/4 max; traffic at 1/4--- Now, interesting to also analyze that after I installed and uninstalled KSFO large areas of FSX textures became invisible. After I used the add-on manager and installed it properly texures came back; however, I have also noticed a significant drop in over-all FSX performance.

When was the last time you defragged your HD?

\Robert Hamlich/