Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Flap Problem

Good afternoon.I am having a very new problem with the PMDG aircraft and it seems to be specific to the NGX. I just got the Saitek Yoke, Throttle and Pedals for my computer. Today, when I started up Flightsim, the flaps are in the full down position, however, the lever is in the full up position. I checked my calibration and even changed the assignments for the flaps. Any ideas why this would happen? (Yes my hydraulics are on and I have no failure that is activated). Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Have you cycled te flaps? Just put flaps to 1 unit, then back up and see if they retracts.If yes, save the panel status (as I can understand this is your saved panel state)

Regards

Andrea Daviero

AndreaYes, I have tried to cycle my flaps including using the mouse to pull the lever. Thanks for the idea though.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

checked the alternate flaps switch?Its on the upper left of the fwd overhead btw.

i have the same setup as you. I use SPAD instead of the provided Saitek yoke software. Haven't had any problems since.

fsx by default reverses the axis for the flaps, just put a check in the box next to reverse axis in your axis assignments

Thanks guys for your ideas. I think I solved the problem. It seems I had a corrupt saved panel state. When I started with Cold and Dark everything was right. Thanks again for all your help.

Brian A. Neuman