Sign in to follow this  
Apollo13

FSX, FSUIPC and ASE 2012 (and PMDG 737NG)

First let me congratulate the guys from HIFI with their incredible new ASE2012 release. I only had little time to test it yet but the visuals I have seen so far are absolutely stunning! It is worth every penny.I am looking for some advice to get the best out of the combo FSX, FSUIPC and ASE 2012 (and PMDG 737NG). For that reason I have some (ignorant) questions about how to best fine-tune these program.FSXSettings - “weather” tab: Should I enable "Download winds aloft data with real-world weather"?FSUIPC (v4.754)According to instructions I clicked the “Weather stings off” button.Under winds:Should I enable “Smooth wind changes near aircraft”?Under “Suppress these wind effects”:Should I enable “turbulence”?Should I enable “gusts”?Should I enable “variance”?Hope you can provide me with some guidance.Keep up the good work!Marco Bruno

FSXSettings - “weather” tab: Should I enable "Download winds aloft data with real-world weather"?
since that only affects fsx's internal weather engine i don't think it should make a difference, but i set it to 'off' anyway
FSUIPC (v4.754)According to instructions I clicked the “Weather stings off” button.Under winds:Should I enable “Smooth wind changes near aircraft”?Under “Suppress these wind effects”:Should I enable “turbulence”?Should I enable “gusts”?Should I enable “variance”?
clicking weather settings off is disabling all those other settings. which is probably what you want. the smooth wind changes isn't necessary if you're using DWC mode. suppressing turbulence supposedly fixes s-turn problems but frankly i never see those problems anyway, i think dwc is already kind of smoothing out that stuff and if you reduce the turblulence effects in fsuipc settings (see link below) you get the best of both worldsi'd suggest having a look at this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/350389-my-weather-config-for-pmdg-planes-part-ii/page__hl__asethose settings are pretty similar to what i run and they work greatcheers-andy crosby

Hi Andy,Thanks for your speedy reply and the link to the thread that sheds some light on these issues.Great and thanks to the original poster Paul Deemer!best wishes!Marco Bruno