Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

URGENT HELP NEEDED-Fan for Hyper 212 Plus

Hi there.Look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9yZqcT4VCs&feature=youtu.beAccording to CoolerMaster, the Hyper 212 plus' fan should be going towards the front of the PC case. The problem is, my Corsair Vengeance memory is too big, and in order for it to be on the blue slot (according to MSI, the blue slot is the "primary" slot for memory, but putting the memory on the black slot should not cause problems) the fan has to be pointing towards the back of the case. Could this be dangerous? Thanks.

You should be able to have it pulling from the back. If not putting RAM in the black should be fine. You may also be able to flip it around so it blows out the top.

Can't you just slide the fan upwards a tad?

looks too me like you have plenty space left to do that and still have the fan firmly secured

Nope Dario, you're fix didn't work. I guess I will just leave it how it is. Nobody will die, right? :P
Should be fine for now! Glad you've finely got that rig together!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Should be fine for now! Glad you've finely got that rig together!
Yeah! I'm in the final stages. The only thing going on right now is that the front fan's power cable is not long enough to reach the SYSFAN port... I think I'm going to move it to the top, or maybe not use it at all.EDIT: lol, I was going though the back. That's why. I crossed the cable throught the HDD case and it's long enough.

Yeah! I'm in the final stages. The only thing going on right now is that the front fan's power cable is not long enough to reach the SYSFAN port... I think I'm going to move it to the top, or maybe not use it at all.
Keep that air cooled CPU ventilated! A cool, fresh case will make for a happy overclock. Especially with that heat sink of yours.Have you thought about a fan controller? How's your wire management?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Keep that air cooled CPU ventilated! A cool, fresh case will make for a happy overclock. Especially with that heat sink of yours.Have you thought about a fan controller? How's your wire management?
ill make a video in just a second

Ok, here's the video http://youtu.be/8tcTeNj9FToI'm having trouble using the M Connectors to plug in the little LED lights cables into the motherboard. Where does the POW LED cable go into? Also in the video, I show a quick setup of how everything is. I think the Hyper 212 plus will be fine. It's screws are very tightly put together, the base on the back was very carefully put into place, and I followed directions exactly as they were shown on the Coolermaster video. Another thing I show is the I/O ports. The panel is kinda squishy, is it supposed to be like that? And yes, I used my iphone's LED light.

There's a section of the manual specifically for hooking up the power button/LEDs, HDD LED, etc. They typically plug in at the most forward, bottom motherboard headers. As for the POW LED cables, they should be right beside the +/- IIRC. Just take your time!
OK! I'll have a look! The ##### moment of the motherboard is that I got a European Version of the manual... I called MSI and they said it's normal to get a version from Europe in the US. Oh well. :Love:
After you get the system booted up at default and get Windows installed, tidy up those wires and run them behind the motherboard tray. It's better to do that while you have her apart.
Been there, done that. Cables are too short. I'll try again in a bit.

OK! I'll have a look! The ##### moment of the motherboard is that I got a European Version of the manual... I called MSI and they said it's normal to get a version from Europe in the US. Oh well. :Love:Been there, done that. Cables are too short. I'll try again in a bit.
Hi Diego. POW LED should be in pins 2 (+) and 4 (-) in the JFP1 bank. Sorry for the edits, I'm not happy with my original response.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules