Sign in to follow this  
VegaSS

I CAN'T WAIT FOR FLIGHT!

I just purchased XP10, what a mistake. I can't wait for flight, after such a bad experience with an inferior sim. I don't THINK that flight will be better than XP10, I KNOW it will, even if it's just a little better than FSX. Just had to get that off my chest. after an $80 gamble :(

Did you give the demo a spin before you bought?

I did FSAU, I thought the accual sim would be better. Don't ask, I'm a sucker for new sims. :(
Sure, if you really love Hawaii then you will Love flight :(
C'mon, you know better flyerboy :(

Sure, if you really love Hawaii then you will Love flight :(
Honestly even if it is Hawaii only I would give it preference over XP10

I just purchased XP10, what a mistake. I can't wait for flight, after such a bad experience with an inferior sim. I don't THINK that flight will be better than XP10, I KNOW it will, even if it's just a little better than FSX.Just had to get that off my chest. after an $80 gamble :(
Hey, what did you NOT like about X-plane 10? I held off on buying it because I was not so sure. I did try the demo, well...I have yet to enjoy a decent flight.

Fsau, why do you keep INSISTING Flight is Hawaii only? Do you know something WE all don't know? I mean, do you have (insider) information or like most of us, you are just speculating?

Hey, what did you NOT like about X-plane 10? I held off on buying it because I was not so sure. I did try the demo, well...I have yet to enjoy a decent flight.
If you didn't like the demo, you won't like the whole thing. It's got HORRIFIC flight dynamics and laghable accurate scenery. If you're big into weather, it does have nice clouds, and also night lighting, but that's it. Basically, you won't recongnise the town your flying in, and planes fly like S*^%.

Fsau, why do you keep INSISTING Flight is Hawaii only? Do you know something WE all don't know? I mean, do you have (insider) information or like most of us, you are just speculating?
LOL is this a joke? Where have I said that Flight is Hawaii only? I said IF... and in my previous conversations on the topic I have simply made the point that it is a POSSIBILITY at this point just as much as it is a possibility that it will include the whole world, what is so hard to understand about that?

People keep going on about the flight dynamics of X Plane. Thing is, I don't really care how it's done, the end result is basically the same, and X Plane doesn't do immersion, which is really important for me. I've never felt like I was part of the scenery in X Plane like I do with a well sorted FSX installation. With FSX you can get lost in your monitor and forget you're sitting at home with a beer next to you. X Plane can not do that and is therefore, despite all the flight dynamics claims, less realistic than FSX. I tried the demo, there's an improvement over previous versions, I love the lighting system etc... there's a lot of potential and Microsoft could learn a lot about a lot of things, but again, who cares how it's done, FSX does what X Plane can't do... yet.I have great hope for X Plane though, there are many things about it which are the "right" way to do things. If they can get the kind of after-market addon market that FSX enjoys going, I can see it ending up being the better option. But for now, it's not there.

It's Flight's useless thread no. 9,546,673,454.When will we get real stuff on this forum?!!!!!!!!!!

It's Flight's useless thread no. 9,546,673,454.When will we get real stuff on this forum?!!!!!!!!!!
When "flight" is released, so enjoy another year of crap and cups of tea :(

Ok,If we look at the pattern that Microsoft has created when developing whether it be Flight Simulators or Operating sytems then it will eventually be good enough to enjoy. How Microsoft have done things in the past with their operating systems we can probably be safe to assume that FS2004 is the equivalent to Windows XP (it just worked) and FSX being the equivalent to Vista (we all know how problematic that version was don't we Bill). So, in my own humble opinion, I believe that you may not find too many extreme changes aethestically but rather a more solid and scalable engine making it a more appeasing simulation. Graphically and functionally speaking I believe Microsoft will know that a new engine (hence the code re-write; speculation but very plausable) will be needed to take the sim to new heights. Who cares that there may be very little differences in the texture sizes but if the code is re-written to accomodate for more elements to be added to the textures then this would enhance the immersive experience. And as long as the SDK is available then there will always be somebody to make what the community wants, there just has to be demand for it. Microsoft have always been able to create a foundation to build on with Flight Sim and they know this. You don't think only end user simmers read these forums do you? Anyway, I think Microsoft have realised that FSX was half finished (hence the preview DX10 option we all drool over but cannot use) and now they are buiding on what was cool with FSX and adding a touch of "moving with the times" or in this case moving with the hardware. Let's get excited, i'm sure we all will achieve good framerates based on our hardware so if this is what we can expect then we will all be less confused about what hardware to get (based on variable and suprising hardware configs for low to high end pc's) and hopefully confirm that faster is better.That's all from little old me, hope you all have a happy New Year.Kelvin

+1 KelvinI hope MS gets rid of the BLURRIES, something that X-Plane does not have and something I really hate about FS9-FSX. Talk about flight immersion, flying through the mountains and watching them grow/expand, WOW, what an immersion.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo