Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

A very jealous Active Sky fan!

Hi guys,I am one of the luddites who refuses to change from FS9 :-(I know its my own fault, but seeing AS2012 I am now a very jealous FS9 user (not jealous enough to change to FSX mind you).Is there any news on an FS9 version to cheer me up a bit?ThanksNeil

beta.gif

stubbornness doesn't get people anywhere..If you haven't flown the PMDG NGX, then sir, you have missed out on a very very very decent software, your loss!

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi Neil, all,Unfortunately there is still much work to do, but we are working on it... We don't want to just provide a "patch" to FS9 with a wx engine or a set of graphics that were just converted to be made to work.. The sim interface (FSUIPC 3) and the graphics are very different and as we learned with ASA/ASE, a dual-compatible version is very hard to manage. Every little change made to enhance or fix one area for one sim has the potential to affect the other sim negatively. This single-sim exclusive approach is far better in our opinion, allowing us to focus on the strengths of a particular sim and get the best results out of it without fear of "breaking" the other sim. FSX-users represent the biggest portion of our customer base and that's why we focused on FSX first. We're now focusing on improvements and fixes for AS2012/FSX (SP1) alongside development of our FS9 effort, but also working on development of P3D and XP10, as well as other new projects we haven't yet announced. Our plate is very full but we are working hard on everything our customers have been asking for... more news on our FS9 effort should be available next month.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies