Sign in to follow this  
Paulvanuf

GPS doesn't pop up

When I move the cursor over the GPS, it turns into a hand.When I click, the GPS doesn't pop-up.Neither the CAR530 nor the RXP530.Somebody any clue?GrzPaul

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

In the rxpgns.ini file for the C337, set:[GNS530]Popup=794and in the panel.cfg file (with RXP)//--------------------------------------------------------[Window01]position=8window_size=0.297619,0.342857visible=0ident=794gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100gauge01=CCTTS!Toggle_GPS, 20,10,60,40

Bert

I might be mistaken but is the above fix for just the RXP530? Just purchased this aircraft and I have the same problem with the hand not bringing up the Original CAR530 as a popup window. I do not see a rxpgns.ini file and see that rxp is in the file name, this is why I am asking.Might as well also bring up the fact that when I press Shift+1 to bring up the GPS window, it does show up but the bottom half of the screen turns black. Is this just happening to me or does this happen to everyone? I can drag the screen back into full position but it happens again the next time I bring up the GPS.Appreciate any help with this.

I might be mistaken but is the above fix for just the RXP530? Just purchased this aircraft and I have the same problem with the hand not bringing up the Original CAR530 as a popup window. I do not see a rxpgns.ini file and see that rxp is in the file name, this is why I am asking.Might as well also bring up the fact that when I press Shift+1 to bring up the GPS window, it does show up but the bottom half of the screen turns black. Is this just happening to me or does this happen to everyone? I can drag the screen back into full position but it happens again the next time I bring up the GPS.Appreciate any help with this.
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/339511-bottom-half-of-vc-is-blacked-out/This has been covered here already many time and search might shed some lightbut here it is againBottom half blacked out fixOpen the aircraft.cfg fileScroll right down to end.change values to[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=6143

Gents,Thanks a lot.But I guess Bliksempie meant the panel.cfg, right?More questions to come... :Whew:Paul

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

Thank you sir, sorry for the newbie sounding questions.
not a problem mate.. fire away. we are all here to help each other.NOTE: it should be the panel.cfg file not the aircraft.cfg file that need to be changed as in post 4Christmas after parties I recon make you post stupid things.

BTW, where can I find the rxpgns.ini file?I installed the rxp yesterday, but the ini is nowhere to be found...GrzPaul

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

bliksimpie,I did catch that and have already made the fix, worked great, thanks. I have also added two of Bert's xml fixes for the A/P, a big thanks for them also. I have been in the process of learning how to make missions and am a little familiar with changing things in the aircraft and panel CFG files. There is alot to learn and the information is spread out among many, many forum posts. Sometimes it can be tough to find the exact information required due to the same keywords being used over a broad spectrum of questions. So thanks for your patience.I still do have the same problem as Paul as far as the hand cursor not bringing up the GPS window, except I am using the original CAR530. Any information along these lines will be greedily accepted.Paul, If you feel that I am hijacking your thread, just let me know and I will open up a new topic. I just thought it followed the same subject line and will benefit all that do a search about this.Take care,Brett

BTW, where can I find the rxpgns.ini file?I installed the rxp yesterday, but the ini is nowhere to be found...GrzPaul
The ini file gets generated when you run the RXP config applet.It should be either in the panel folder or the aircraft folder.You can add it by hand:rxpgns.ini A text file, containing:[GNS530]Popup=794AutoPilotMode=2Radios=1LinkCdiKey=OnAutoApproach=OffLinkToVor=OnLcdStyle=OffAutoWidth=500AutoHeight=360Trainer=NoKeyClick=OffGndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off[GTX327]VFRCode=1200[sETTINGS]Dimmer=OnSimpleMouse=Off

Bert

Bert, Bliksempie,Thanks. BTW I had to change the windowsize x10 to make it readable.Brett,Don't mind the 'highjacking' it's ontopic, so no problem.GrzPaul

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

Bert, Bliksempie,Thanks.GrzPaul
You are welcome! Enjoy flying - vs fixing.. :(

Bert