Sign in to follow this  
Quasartone

JS4100 VS 737-800 NGX The biggest FPS Killer ?

Hi all,i have the JS41 since many months, and i m realy happy with.I have a computer based on I7 2600K OC 4.5, Nvidia 560Ti, 8Go , 2 Caviar black, win7 64bits, 2 screens. Rex2+Gex+UTX. I have a FSX.CFG tweaked, with ******* tweaks and mine.In the cockpit with JS41, i have 20/30FPS (JS41 settings max ! Except icing effect in the cockpit because i have a flashing bug in max position, i have to set in the middle).On a scene like Aerosoft mega airport Paris i have 15FPS (Outch !), but i m pretty sure the scene is responsible (not optimized at all in my advise). Anyway !My question is about the NGX. It's a big plane, technicaly better than JS41, but it is the most eater of FPS ? I need to know that before buy this new plane, so i need your advises.Thanks to you.

You will find that the NGX is better by far in the FPS stakes.PMDG just get better and better.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I just loaded up the NGX and put it on the active runway near my hometown KMGM. Full resolution, PMDG livery 20 FPS. Loaded the JS41 PMDG Livery same place and conditions 22 FPS. That should get you started. I have found the performance to be similar. I have un overclocked my CPU and am running at stock 3.4 GHz.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Yeah, the performance is way better than you would expect. The somehow endless code optimization was a great success.

Own both - NGX slightly better than JS41. I run i7 920@2,6 Ghz GTS150 8GB RAM, so way lower than yours, and I'm OK even in Aerosofts Oslo with AS2012 running on FSX computer...Go nuts buddy!Mas

I run a 3+ year old Q6600 o/c'd to 2.8 on stock cooler and the NGX runs just fine for me. Don't have any airport add-ons, but I get 15-20 at the airport and well over 25 in the air, sliders at middish settings. Nothing to brag about, but considering the detail of the NGX, I'm extremely happy.

They are both great. I can put up with a bit of stutter at the airports because the kick I get from both aircraft more than makes up for any frame loss.

I'm using i7 2600K, GTX570, 12GB, SSD128GB FSX dedicated, no OC. FPS 28/30 on the ground more than 30 in the air ... very smooth both JS41 and NGX 800/900 - 600/700.FSX.CFG is bojote tweaked and some personal Nvidia inspector fine tuning Regards,

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com