Sign in to follow this  
Buzz313th

Breaking FSX Limitations

A while ago I bought an addon called the, "SuperBugX". It is a great StudySim of the Superhornet, easily on par with the development quality of PMDG.Lately the developer has been working on an addon to bring weapon systems to FSX. One of the limitations, he said in FSX was that he was not gonna be able to simulate the Foreward Looking Infrared display that is the staple of the hornet and most modern ground pounders today.Well just a few days ago, he released a video showing that he overcame one of the limitations to FSX and incorporated a FLIR.I am posting this in the PMDG forum because I think that what he has done is an inspiration to show what dedicated developers like VRS and PMDG can do even though the code of FSX may be limited.The post in the development forumhttp://forums.vrsimu...php?f=49&t=7654The video, incase you cant get into the forums

Ohh and FYI.... I am not soliciting or advertising for VRS, I just thought this is a breakthrough for FS development and should be mentioned here.PS... The developer early on in his career was heavily motivated by PMDG to push the limits in FS development. In the introduction for the SuperBugs supplied documents, I quote the developer.... "Interest led to fascination, which led to infatuation, which led to compulsion. Somewhere along the line

PMDG had struck it rich with their 737 NG. I don't think anyone had achieved that sort of community

status before, and from that point forward things were never the same. Add-ons were a real business

now, at least for those guys. I wanted to be PMDG and dammit, I was goanna do it. Before long I was

trying to do things better and better and being completely dissatisfied with limitations, started to break

through some of the known “barriers” to produce what I had originally envisioned; A true military

aircraft simulation worthy of any PMDG fan's attention."JB

Jon and his team became very good friends of ours after their F/A-18 release a few years back - I saw that video as well last night and was absolutely blown away. Their products are among the most impressive in our industry and I can't wait for their TacPack addon.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Wow, that looks amazing JB, thanks for sharing. Not only did he overcome implementing the FLIR, but it looks incredibly smooth also. Almost looks like he superimposed something you can only do in an outside product and mixed it into FSX. Very nice.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Yeah, the tac pack is gonna be a really nice addon. With the the numerous development phases, it looks like it's really gonna change FSX quite a bit.It's good to know that PMDG and VRS are on the same page. I'm sure there is quite a bit of info sharing amongst the top developers when it comes to pushing the envelope in FS development.JB

VERY Impressive. :)Would like to have seen on the Video how well it handles low visibility and night-time. ( cloud, Fog etc ) !!ieBBJ_EVS_HUD_560.jpg

VERY Impressive. :)Would like to have seen on the Video how well it handles low visibility and night-time. ( cloud, Fog etc ) !!
Well, considering that VRS has not done anything HalfAssed yet, I hope they followthrough and make it 100% functional.JB

Hey Geoff, is that a screeny of the NGX HUD? If so, how did ya get the thermal rendering on there?On second glance, it looks like a real image.JB

Well I read that Boeing is implementing FLIR to BBJ (and then expects to implement it to line aircraft, after some time) - it would be great if PMDG could use the technology in BBJ, whenever that comes out...

Well I read that Boeing is implementing FLIR to BBJ (and then expects to implement it to line aircraft, after some time) - it would be great if PMDG could use the technology in BBJ, whenever that comes out...
It would actually. I'm curious how a FLIR or Nightvision image on a hud would affect the FAA's requirements for a Cat IIIc aircraft cert or if it would change it in any way. I have not heard of any commercial aircraft that has this technology for IMC conditions.Maybe someone else can comment if infact this technology is used to any advantage outside of the military?JB

I forgot I pre-ordered the Tac-Pack!! The Superbug was first payware AC.